8 hr service

/ 8 hr service #1  

deadstick

Silver Member
Tractor
PT-425
I had my first 8hr service today. I did everything it says except I couldn't find lubrication point B which is described as "Two lubrication points on each side of lift arm hinge-at frame". The diagram has no reference to it either. Can anyone enlighten me?

/ 8 hr service #2  
My tractor had some points on the diagram but not on the machine. I called PT and they said they had changed some of the moving parts and to use spray lubricant on these parts. They told me the changes where made for less wear. I use a grease gun on every fitting and spray anything I see that moves. I still want to change the fittings on the treadle some how so I do not have to take off three bolts to get to them.
PTRich

/ 8 hr service #3  
PTRich,

What are you using for spray lubricant?

Duane

/ 8 hr service #4  
I thought about changing those fittings for the treadle to extend them out more, but found that you still have to get in their with spray lube to get the ball and socket type joints on the linkages. So, we still have to remove the plate.

I use a closed end ratcheting wrench that I got from Sears, as a socket is hard to get onto that one bolt near the aux. hydraulic lever by your knee. I keep it, my spray lube and grease gun together. 8 hour maintenance takes my about 30 mintes if I take my time and do it right.