790 vs. 4110 vs. 4115

/ 790 vs. 4110 vs. 4115 #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
I have been researching the specs on all three. While I would prefer hydro, I kinda like the extra weight and HP of the 790. I do not care about folding ROPS. I want a loader & hoe. I clutch and shift now with a Cub Cadet and a Farmall. The 790 seems like more machine for less money. What am I missing? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 790 vs. 4110 vs. 4115 #2  
GreenRules:

What are you missing....well not much the 790 is a well bit rugged little tractor. It's a little light in the loafers for lifting cap. with the front end loader and you hear a lot of bashing for it's 3pt lift cap. but it will lift anything it can run, I have one and love it to death.

give us a little info on what you plan to do with it and we'll help you spend your money /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 790 vs. 4110 vs. 4115 #3  
When I got my 790 it was the 4100 but I never looked at it. If I recall, it was a size smaller than the 790. I did look at a 4200/4300 which seemed more comparable (but more money). A lot will depend on your needs. I wanted the ground clearance of a larger tractor which is why I shyed away from the 4100 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 790 vs. 4110 vs. 4115
All I am doing is spreading loam, gravel and crushed rock. I might fill the bucket up with wood once in awhile. I want to move some little stumps and dig out some rocks. I also want a PTO chipper, but am worried the 17or so PTO HP on the 4110 won't cut it. I can run it off my Farmall, but the 2PH to 3PH adapter is not a handy item. I have an 800' gravel road that I take care of. I have 5.5 or so acres adjacent ot my brother-in-law's 40. I have been know to haul out a log or two for the bandsaw mill. Mostly just puttering around. The Cub Cadet is too big for me now.

/ 790 vs. 4110 vs. 4115 #5  
GreenRules:

Out of the three you picked...I'd say the 790 is the best choice. I've herd a couple of folks say the backhoe is like a power shovel, you may want to ask Rob about that one I think he has the hoe and if it's capable of digging out some small stumps.

I've learned how to make the FEL work for me, at first I was a little disappointed with it's ability to scoop and lift but after a learning curve I figured out it was me thinking I could pull up to any pile of what ever and just ram it full and lift it. Now that I'm a better opperater, me and the loader get along just fine.

As for keepin' up with driveway maintance (I didn't look before I started typing this to see where you live) if it's box blade work the 790 can do it with out breakin' a sweat and if it's snow removal I think you'll be fine there too.

Something to keep in mind...when I bought mine they were in a process of change and I was told it was 30 hp/27 hp @ the PTO when it realy is 27 hp/24 hp @ the PTO but still a strong running machine.
One more thing.....make sure you are comffy sitting on it a lot of people complain about the operator area being small and I will agree gettin' on and off is a little tight but once I'm seated everthing is right at my finger tips but then again...I'm not that big of guy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pricing I got for my area back in 2003
$14,100 for the package
790 4x4
Ind. tires
bucket level thingy
rear work light
419 loader w/61" bucket
lx5 cutter

happy shoppin' /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 790 vs. 4110 vs. 4115 #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( GreenRules:

Out of the three you picked...I'd say the 790 is the best choice. I've herd a couple of folks say the backhoe is like a power shovel, you may want to ask Rob about that one I think he has the hoe and if it's capable of digging out some small stumps.
)</font>

Yup, I've got the 7 hoe and absolutely love it. Of course, I'm only doing homeowner work with it. I've dug footings for retaining walls, patio excavation and put in downspout drywells. I've not tried stump digging as we don't really have any to dig right now. I'm sure it will work but may take longer than a bigger machine.

Another member, rjp444us (I think) has the same set up and is disappointed with his. He uses it commercially though so that may be the difference.

Bottom line will be your intended uses. It is an expensive item but for me it's been well worth it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 790 vs. 4110 vs. 4115
My brother has pretty much conviced me to keep the Cub. For what a new TLB costs, I can get a Woods frame mount backhoe and ANOTHER litttle tractor & a chipper. How can you beat that logic?