7753 steering

/ 7753 steering #1  

truckdiagnostics

Platinum Member
Tractor
7753 bobcat
When you push both sticks forward all the way one side goes faster than the other. You have to bring the other stick back to compensate to keep it straight. A quick look and a linkage issue are not jumping out at me. Don稚 know if it is related to one side or the other. Just have the kid complaining about it.
Looking for suggestions how to proceed. I will have to walk the kid through how to trouble shoot as just had router cuff surgery. Thanks
Steve

/ 7753 steering #2  
Each pump and each drive motor vary somewhat in efficiency, so some degree on veering to one side is normal. Question is How Much does it veer? Rule of thumb is less than 5' to the side in 50' of travel. If less than that, you probably won't find anything real noticeable in steering linkage. If it si more than that or one side seem more jumpy when trying move slowly then inspect the linkages closely. Any wear on pivot bolt, bushing, or loose bolt can let this happen.
7753 does not have any type of adjustment stops on the levers, they move until they pump hits internal stop in the pump, or lever contacts the steering panel.

/ 7753 steering
Thanks. I have some measurable to compare too. I will have the kid drive it while I am watching. Leaning in and looking at it, one of the rollers has a flat spot warn in it. It is going to dealer to get repaired. I have owned it for 14 years and this will be the first time it goes to the dealer and it’s not like it has never broken down.
If it comes down to being a pump or motor we will replace them. Haven’t found one of the new machines that I like. I have hand controls, on the new machines this goes to electric over hydraulic and I am told you can’t replace the controller without calibrating and you need a special tool and that is dealer only.
This machine has the boss controls and I think they made two mine and the one they prototyped. At some point will have to figure that out. Thanks again Steve

/ 7753 steering
All fixed. Mechanic from the dealer came out, SSdoxie was correct. The two levers on the pump had to be replaced and then things readjusted. Took him a while. Replaced all the filters. Helped with the aux hydraulics not having reverse. Apparently there is a spring or washer broken and it is not an electrical problem. It has a slight leak and mechanic says not to hard to rebuild, so we will do that in the spring.

thanks all