7360 hydro filter?

/ 7360 hydro filter? #1  

GSS

Gold Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7360SS, MF1100 & JDx585
Hi guys. My first 50 hour service is coming up and I was wondering whether you all changed your hydraulic filter at this interval. The manual said you should, but my dealer said it probably wasn't necessary. I probably will anyway, but just curious what you all think. Thanks.

What else did you all do along with oil, filter and fuel filter changes?

Still lovin' the Cub!

- G

/ 7360 hydro filter? #2  
Absolutely change it.

The tranny is new and is "wearing in". Thus it is creating bits of metal shavings etc. that the filter is catching. There is a reason the manual says to change it.

<font color=blue>What else did you all do along with oil, filter and fuel filter changes?</font color=blue>

Grease all fittings & check all fluids (PS, Radiator, batt water) also clean & inspect air filter. At least this is what was called for on my New Holland.

/ 7360 hydro filter?
This is not a hydro tranny though, Shuttle Shift. I'd have to double check, but I don't think the SS uses hydro in it.

Thanks though.

- G

/ 7360 hydro filter? #4  
I should have, but didn't. I waited until 200 hrs to change it. I did dump the oil in the front end and refill it with 90-weight. Also did fuel and oil filters. I grease my tractor every 10 hrs or so, that is a given.
I paid around $28 for a hydraulic filter, $5 for oil filter, $3.50 for a fuel filter. I bought CASE-IH oil and hydraulic fluid. I guess any would do, but I wanted to put back in the same that came out.
I changed the air filter at 200 hours. That cost around $60. I dump it periodically.
Finally, I check the antifreeze and battery regularly, so that too, is a given. This is also a good time to go around and "tighten ship". Check your lug nuts, wheel weights, etc. It's also a good idea to put "Never-Seize on the threads of your top link and on the turn buckles of your sway bars if you plan on adjusting them much.
I think you can do everything in about 2 hours if you aren't in a rush. I didn't really time myself.
Good luck.

/ 7360 hydro filter? #5  
GSS,

My mistake, anyway, the hydraulic pump is also "wearing in" change that filter, cheap insurance.

/ 7360 hydro filter?
Wow, how'd you find such a cheap oil filter? The dealer whacked me for like $28. He did however mention that I could probably cross-reference the part number with an auto filter and save a lot more money. Next time, I guess...

Thanks!

- G

/ 7360 hydro filter? #7  
Waterman Farm Machinery in Sabattus, ME. They will ship UPS. They are a Case-IH, MF, CC and whatever else dealer.

/ 7360 hydro filter?
Happen to have a phone number or web site for them? Thanks a lot.

- G

/ 7360 hydro filter? #10  
Check the motor mount bolts on that puppy. I ended up with "locktite" to cure mine on a 7234. bcs