726x PTO will not engage

/ 726x PTO will not engage #1  

riptides

Tractor
Kubota ZTR, RTV, MX6000
I was out mowing when the blades just stopped like the PTO switch had disengaged.

I checked the fuses, checked the seat safety and with the PTO engaged (blades will not engage) and the mower did stop. So I don't think the seat safety switch is the problem.

Could this be a bad PTO switch? Mower was operating fine, moves fine, starts fine. Just the blades will not engage.

/ 726x PTO will not engage #2  
It could be the PTO switch or it could be the solenoid itself. The switch is fairly inexpensive relatively speaking, the PTO itself not so much. My guess would be failure of the more expensive part. Trouble shoot carefully, maybe you'll be lucky and it's just the switch. If you're REALLY lucky there will be a fuse in the circuit but I wouldn't bet on that.

/ 726x PTO will not engage #3  
how is the engine temp. Mine did that but turns out there is a safety in the system that disables the PTO when the temp is too high. turns out the screens were full of dandelion fluff.

/ 726x PTO will not engage
Well, it was brutally hot (unbearable) while mowing. I did not think the ZTR had that feature. I will go out and check and see it it engages. My PTO switch is on the way. I hope it was temp related.

Thanks for the information.

how is the engine temp. Mine did that but turns out there is a safety in the system that disables the PTO when the temp is too high. turns out the screens were full of dandelion fluff.
Unfortunate, heat does not appear to be the culprit. If I find my multi-meter I can test the switch and the PTO. Which will come first? A new switch or me finding my tool? LOL.

I found my multi-meter. The PTO switch seems to be fine. Guess a call to a dealer is in order.

The clutch is a little pricey and well, I don't do well with things under torque.

/ 726x PTO will not engage #7  
Well just throwing parts at it is one way to fix it, but a better way would be to determine what has failed.

Could be just a loose wire or a connector that has come loose.

Richard

Dealer picked it up yesterday. They called today and it is the clutch. I had diagnosed the wiring and switch. Energizing the clutch... did not hear the click for the magnets.

/ 726x PTO will not engage #9  
Dealer picked it up yesterday. They called today and it is the clutch. I had diagnosed the wiring and switch. Energizing the clutch... did not hear the click for the magnets.
Question @riptides

Do you engage / disengage PTO @ WOT ? I’ve always thought this was murder on an electric clutch.

Question @riptides

Do you engage / disengage PTO @ WOT ? I’ve always thought this was murder on an electric clutch.
Engage just above idle.

The new clutch went out at 15 minutes in the middle of mowing. Just like the original clutch did.

The dealer is coming back to pick it up later this week.