7234 Torque Specs

/ 7234 Torque Specs #1  

MajMac392

Gold Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7234, John Deere X300 Riding Lawn Mower
Hi all, it has been awhile since I was on the forum. Back in the early to mid-90's (my tractor is an 1996), some of the bolts that connected the engine to the transmission area would loosen up and there was even some cracking of castings. It had to do with using the FEL if I remember right. I had the torque specs at one time but I can't seem to find them. Does anyone out there with the 7200 series remember the problem and have the Torque Specs and which bolts need to be tightened?

Thanks in advance.
Dave

/ 7234 Torque Specs #2  
Capture.PNG

You can get the 7000 Series Service Manual free from CubCadet.com. The torque spec they list in the manual are just the "standard" specs by bolt grade and size. Page 9 from this manual excerpted above.

- Jay

/ 7234 Torque Specs
Thanks Jay, I have the manuals but I couldn't remember where each bolt was. I think I had a diagram with each bolt pointed out. A picture is worth a thousand words and I didn't want to leave any bolts out! Thanks for the reply, I need to check those torques today.

None have ever been loose when I checked them but I figured I'd better check them with all the snow FEL work I've been doing this winter.