.72 gals a hour on a Grand L

/ .72 gals a hour on a Grand L #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
I topped of the L4240 today. It had 11.1 hours on it since it had been filled the last time. I put about 8 gallons of fuel in it which means it consumed .72 a hour.

/ .72 gals a hour on a Grand L #2  
I topped of the L4240 today. It had 11.1 hours on it since it had been filled the last time. I put about 8 gallons of fuel in it which means it consumed .72 a hour.

At Idle?

/ .72 gals a hour on a Grand L
With ATA on.

/ .72 gals a hour on a Grand L #4  
Sure wish mine was that good!

/ .72 gals a hour on a Grand L #5  
Uh....my L3410 takes about 1-1.2 gallon an hour (so a full tank lasts a decent work day) if stressed, like bush hogging thick weeds, i.e., high rpm under pressure, and probably half that if mucking around grading or similar.

This was mostly grapple work or using the pallet forks.

/ .72 gals a hour on a Grand L #7  
I bought a fuel gallon counter to go on my 12 V fuel pump just to see how much fuel my M7040 HDC was burning cutting hay with a 9 ft disc cutter. First calculation was 1.42 gallons per hour.

/ .72 gals a hour on a Grand L #8  
Through my first 50 hours and one regen I'm at .79. About half of that was bush hogging at full throttle and the rest was probably 1500 rpm or so dirt work and such. So far I am very pleased with the fuel economy of my L4060. ATA is the bomb.:thumbsup:

I am very happy with the fuel consumption of both of my Kubotas.

/ .72 gals a hour on a Grand L #10  
It has always amazed me in how much work you can accomplish with any diesel powered tractor for a gallon of fuel. Think in terms of shovels and wheelbarrows or cutting with a "sling blade" or lifting logs or what ever you do with your tractor.. The fuel, high as it is in price is a bargain in what you can do with your tractor powered by it.

James K0UA