7 pin blade style

/ 7 pin blade style #1  

ddbackhoe

Veteran Member
Tractor
DK5310SE HSTC
Its time to repair a couple of trailer lighting issues. One of the issues is a broken plug on the tow vehicle side. The 7 blade rv style seems to be the most universal. I like the proplug and really like the ez connector setup. I was hoping the people at redarc would have come up with something, I do like their tow pro elite controller.
Anyone have a better suggestion for trailer plugs/connectors?

Home | Pro Plug Products
http://ezconnector.com/

/ 7 pin blade style #2  
A few years ago I looked into the EZ Connector solution but it was expensive (I think it is better positioned for folks that are connecting/disconnecting all the time). I could not find any negative reviews, or positive as I remember, this was about four years ago.

I found that a .17 cal bore brush does a good job cleaning the female side of the 7-way. Regular cleaning and a touch of dielectric grease and I've been problem free for years.

/ 7 pin blade style
Yea, the ezconnector looks pretty cool but the prices are pretty high, especially if you have to buy more than one of each. The pro plug isnt exactly cheap either. The real issue with the broken one is I have to pull the aluminum bed and toolboxes off to change out the connector. This time I guess I will use a Hopkins endurance connector so that maybe the next time I can just pull the pigtail out and swap. Other debate is whether to put a plug on the headache rack for goosenecks. It’s kinda really handy, but kinda gets in the way if you have other stuff on the bed.

Thanks for the tip about a bore brush