Traction 6640 Electronic Diff Lock

/ 6640 Electronic Diff Lock #1  

Jackfr

Gold Member
Tractor
NH WorkMaster 33 Ford F5000 NH T 4.90 Ford 2110 JD555B
The Electronic differential Lock indicator light on the dash is stuck on and the differential lock doesnt engage no matter what you do with the switch. Anyone have any ideas on where to start looking?

/ 6640 Electronic Diff Lock
We checked out entire electic circuit for Electronic differential lock and found it all to be working correctly this pointed to the Actuator. We tried tapping it with a small hammer and it started working again. I called dealer about the complete Actuator Assembly ($730.00) and he suggested taking it out and replacing Orings and checking solenoid ($477.00) to make sure it was still strong enough. It seems to be working ok now so we ordered orings ($20.00) for next time it acts up. I was wondering if Jinman or Rick had any other suggestions.

Jack

/ 6640 Electronic Diff Lock #3  
I didn't respond because I have no experience working on those difflock circuits, and therefore had nothing useful to add. I would follow the dealer's advise, it seems to be sound given the additional info you have provided.

/ 6640 Electronic Diff Lock
Thanks Rick I ordered the orings this morning as I figure it will just happen again.