Mowing 66" mid mower on a ct230 or 235

/ 66" mid mower on a ct230 or 235 #1  

650JD

Tractor
Kubota ZD331
I just tried out a ct225 with the 66" mid mower and wasn't very impressed with the power. I noticed a bog at full speed in medium range (6.4 mph according to the brochure) Has anyone experienced this with the 230 or 235? The rest of the tractor seems great and I want to buy one but im worried about hp.

Thanks,

Joe

/ 66" mid mower on a ct230 or 235 #2  
I have tried out several compacts.... still do not know as to what one I want ... they all have good points and bad! But if I want to cut my grass I will just use my Simplicity with the 60 inch cut.... I want a compact to do "WORK" with a loader, tiller, scraper, Blade, etc...

I tried the New Bobcats and it seems like they just dont have the "POWER" and I dont like where all the controls are located at... I started spinning in just a little bit of mud and had a hard time pulling myself out with the loader bucket!!! seems kinda weak... but then again I am used to my 580k 4X4 extendahoe.... much more power and weight and could do a heck of alot more work!!

So if you want a cutter for grass get a pull behind or a lawnmower....... these compacts are made to work!!! hauling, digging, and braking the soil!!!

So I guess thats My 2 cents worth... :D so on that note I will bid thee a fine day!

/ 66" mid mower on a ct230 or 235
has anyone had any experience mowing with a CT230 or 235? I Know that a zero turn is the best machine for the job but I need the versatilty of a compact and there is only room for one in the garage and the budget :D

/ 66" mid mower on a ct230 or 235 #4  
hey 650....

You may want to try running in 4 wheel drive. Especially if you've been getting a lot of this rain lately and the soil is soft. In 2 wheel drive you end up "pushing" the front tires pulling the engine down...4 wheel drive will pull you through actually lightening the load on the engine.

Give it a try let me know....

/ 66" mid mower on a ct230 or 235
The lawn at the dealership had just been mowed a couple days before and it was flat and dry. Next time I get on one I'll try 4wd and see if it does any better. Thanks for the input :)