6520 4Wd has arrived

/ 6520 4Wd has arrived #1  

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
Well guys,
My 6520 was delivered Tuesday afternoon. :) I am still dragging a nasal infection around, :mad: so I have only put 4 hours on my Red Beast. Mostly digging up stumps with the BH. My 6 ft Mohawk rotary mower was delivered yesterday, so I gave the loader a short work out. She sure is sweet. :D
I will have to buy a few gallons of tree wound dressing, :rolleyes: as I am not used to a backhoe being back there and having to turn wide for the loader. One of my big oaks has a large scar now. :eek:
I am running the RPM around 1700-1800 for the BH. What RPM do y'all with BHs run?
hugs, Brandi

/ 6520 4Wd has arrived #2  
About 1150-1200 rpm with PTO pump...1700 sounds awful high....bobg in va

/ 6520 4Wd has arrived #3  
Congrats on the new digger.:D I usually run my 3510 between 1500-2000 rpm's depending on what I'm doing. Big stumps (25" dia +) I run right around 2000 rpms if not a little higher. Dirt etc 1500-1600 rpms. My tractor is considerably smaller than yours but I also have a pto pump for my 509.

Get well soon!!

/ 6520 4Wd has arrived
BobG_in_VA said:
About 1150-1200 rpm with PTO pump...1700 sounds awful high....bobg in va
Bobg_in_va,
I will try your rpm. Thanks. 1700 doesn't sound that bad, considering the engine rpm for the PTO to turn at 540 is almost 2200 rpm.
hugs, Brandi

/ 6520 4Wd has arrived #5  
Congrats on the 6520, sorry about the nasty infection, from the weather or just in the right place at the right time? Did you guys survive the storms this week?

Bought a 6520 4WD last year and have around 139.8 hours of trouble free operation so far, have done everything with it. Run the backhoe at idle speed it’s a little easier to control for me. Understand the tree wound dressing, have come close to knocking down several fence post, and almost taking out the truck several times. So be careful, it’s going to take a while to use to it being back there!

Ok so now the big question AP Mechanic? Work in Houston?

Regards

SRB

/ 6520 4Wd has arrived
srbruiser said:
Congrats on the 6520, sorry about the nasty infection, from the weather or just in the right place at the right time? Did you guys survive the storms this week?

Bought a 6520 4WD last year and have around 139.8 hours of trouble free operation so far, have done everything with it. Run the backhoe at idle speed it’s a little easier to control for me. Understand the tree wound dressing, have come close to knocking down several fence post, and almost taking out the truck several times. So be careful, it’s going to take a while to use to it being back there!

Ok so now the big question AP Mechanic? Work in Houston?

Regards

SRB
SRB,
The Oak tree pollen is bad here now, so it must be that. Didn't have any bad weather this week,......yet. Uh, at idle speeds the hyd. pump cavitates moving the hoe with any speed. I haven't tried to dig at any stumps running less than 1500 rpm. A&P @ Houston Hobby.:cool:

/ 6520 4Wd has arrived #7  
bindian said:
Bobg_in_va,
I will try your rpm. Thanks. 1700 doesn't sound that bad, considering the engine rpm for the PTO to turn at 540 is almost 2200 rpm.
hugs, Brandi

I've not had to run at 540 PTO rpm for anything. 6000 does the 540 PTO rpm at about 2000engine rpm. I run the rotary cutter at about 1700engine rpm. Actually, I've never run the PTO at 2000 engine rpm. (I've not put a PTO generator on it though...) That was one of the biggest selling points on the 00 series for me that it had a high torque/low revving engine. Good Luck! BobG in VA