6420 electrical problems

/ 6420 electrical problems #1  

sanson

Tractor
John Deere 6420 2004
i have a 2004 6420 John Deere everything was running fine then all of a sudden the lights, radio and air conditioner stopped working and the left hand forward and reverse lever wouldnt work when trying to use it would beep

/ 6420 electrical problems #2  
Sounds very nerve racking but do not panic. When this many things go out at one time it ends up being something very simple. Look in your fuse panel and study it to see if any or all of these things share a common power source such as a main cab relay or something like that. Check fuses for individual condition, if all seem to have good 12 volt power on both sides of the fuse. From there I would look for a dirty or broken cab ground. Feel free to message for extra help, be glad to brainstorm. Jay

/ 6420 electrical problems #3  
Sounds very nerve racking but do not panic. When this many things go out at one time it ends up being something very simple. Look in your fuse panel and study it to see if any or all of these things share a common power source such as a main cab relay or something like that. Check fuses for individual condition, if all seem to have good 12 volt power on both sides of the fuse. From there I would look for a dirty or broken cab ground. Feel free to message for extra help, be glad to brainstorm. Jay
What was the problem?

/ 6420 electrical problems #4  
You would probably get better response to your question if you had initiated your own thread. Sanson was last seen on this forum on Sept. 19, 2012. In 15 days that will be 10 yrs ago.

On subject of your tractor have you cleaned, tightened all 4(four) battery cable connections? Have you load tested your tractors battery?