6065PST- looking to buy 1st tractor need help

/ 6065PST- looking to buy 1st tractor need help #1  

BUCKDOWN

Tractor
none
Looking for a little help in my 1st tractor purchase. I have about 350 acres of which roughly 60 is fields. I mainly want the tractor to put food plots in for about 20 acres eventually, with the remainder I plan on cutting with a brush hog. As for the implements I expect to be using are disc, tiller, brush hog, forks, grapple, and post hole digger on the machine. So here is what Ive narrowed it down to so but I am open for any input or suggestions anyone has.

1) Mahindra 6065PST with loader and cab, 2 sets of rear remotes, loaded IND tires. I can add the 3rd function but at a $. Also, this machine has no regen or dpf. This is obviously a bigger tractor and much heavier weight but I am not sure about the Mahindra brand as Ive read some good reviews and bad ones as expected with anything in life. The dealer has been around for a while and is about 20min from me. He is at 39,000 cash price. (Thoughts on price) ( I would appreciate some feedback from anyone that has Mahindra on their experiences)

2) Massey Ferguson 1760m with loader. This is a Power shuttle with a standard cab, AC/Heat, Radio, 1 set of rear remotes, Loaded Tires R1 or R4 my choice and loaded. The dealer is also going to run 3rd function so I can run the grapple. The machine as no regen and no dpf which I think is a plus. As for dealer support he has a good reputation as a friend of mine has purchased a 1750m from them that he loves. As for the price he is at 39,500 cash price, or I could go with the Hydrostat with the deluxe cab for 41,900 cash price.

Honestly I am unsure which way to go because it is my 1st tractor and I want to make the right choice and not have any regrets. The Mahindra seems like a good deal but I worry about the resale value as I致e heard they tend not to hold their value, where it seems that Massey do. Any help would be greatly appreciated

/ 6065PST- looking to buy 1st tractor need help #3  
The smaller Mahindra tractors were made by someone else. It seems the TYM made machines have had more issues. I don’t know who makes the machine you are looking at. I also don’t know who’s making the MF.

If I had 350 acres and planned to clear and fill a big percentage of it I wouldn’t be looking at a CUT- even a big CUT! I’d be hanging out in a farming forum and buying something more inline with what I see on big commercial farms. ........I assume those cost a lot more though.

TBNers are mostly hobby farmers and smaller operations.

/ 6065PST- looking to buy 1st tractor need help #4  
The smaller Mahindra tractors were made by someone else. It seems the TYM made machines have had more issues. I don稚 know who makes the machine you are looking at. I also don稚 know who痴 making the MF.

If I had 350 acres and planned to clear and fill a big percentage of it I wouldn稚 be looking at a CUT- even a big CUT! I壇 be hanging out in a farming forum and buying something more inline with what I see on big commercial farms. ........I assume those cost a lot more though.

TBNers are mostly hobby farmers and smaller operations.

350 acres . . . :laughing: let's get real. . . get a full sized tractor AND a smaller one (CUT) . . . :drink: 350 acres . . . at least . . .

/ 6065PST- looking to buy 1st tractor need help #5  
I assume you're focusing on the 60 acres and not on the full 350 acre property. Then you are shopping in the right tractor size.

I would go with the Massey, non hydrostat. You have a satisfied customer right there. Maybe the dealer can knock off the $500 to pricematch the Mahindra.

The reasons for my decision: Massey seems to have a better reputation than Mahindra.
If you involve pulling implements, a geared shuttle transmission is the way to go and is a mix of both worlds. Geared and ease of change of direction with the flip of a lever. Hydrostats don't get the best reviews when it comes to pulling implements or grades.

Last edited: