6065 reset service minder?

/ 6065 reset service minder? #1  

CharlieVT

Tractor
Mahindra 6065, New Holland 1920
Gents,
After multiple internet searches, and having asked at my dealer, I still don't know how to reset the service reminder.
Flashing icon and loud beep screaming for a 50hrs service.

Just talked with owner of the dealership where I purchased, parts/service guy was out.
Dealership owner didn't know, but not sure he wanted to tell me. He was happy to have his service department come out and pick up the tractor and take it back for the 50 hour service, which is basically a crankcase oil change, and engine and hydraulic filter changes.
I'm happy to support my dealership, and do when I can but I'm not in a position to pay for round trip trailering of the tractor to have the oil changed.

So, I bought the oil and filters from the dealership, but still don't know how to reset the reminder.

I have an OBDII scan tool, but not sure that my 6065 has an OBD port. If you know of one Please tell me where it is?
Internet searches, including this site, have reset procedures for some Mahindra models, (tried those), but not a 6065.

There is a fuse labeled "reset" and I've tried a few things like: remove the fuse, turn ignition to on, wait 30 secs, turn off, replace the fuse....
But no joy.

So, does anyone have the reset procedure for this model? It might be the same for both 6065 and 6075 open station and cab versions, so if you have a procedure for any of those, please post it.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_2502.JPG
    IMG_2502.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 865
  • IMG_2504.JPG
    IMG_2504.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,030
   / 6065 reset service minder? #2  
While I do not own a 6065 [ yet ], the photo below shows you what your OBDII probably looks like. Everything being black makes it hard to find stuff, but you port is probably located in the general area of your engine computer, like my 2555. It probably has a black cover on it, like mine, that also makes it hard to find. In the below photo, the computer is mounted horizontally at the top in front of the radiator. The OBDII port is covered and facing forward just above the Donaldson air cleaner.... right below the computer. I know you can reset engine codes via the OBDII, but I do not know a boot service reminders. Good luck, Jerry... :) [ I do my own servicing, too... better me than some young kid ]

added some close up pictures....

Attachments

• SAM_0818 (Large).JPG
    SAM_0818 (Large).JPG
    375.6 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_0886 (Large).jpeg
    IMG_0886 (Large).jpeg
    440.2 KB · Views: 890
  • IMG_0887 (Large).jpeg
    IMG_0887 (Large).jpeg
    415.4 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:
   / 6065 reset service minder?
While I do not own a 6065 [ yet ], the photo below shows you what your OBDII probably looks like. Everything being black makes it hard to find stuff, but you port is probably located in the general area of your engine computer, like my 2555. ....

Jerry, Thanks for taking time to reply and take pics. Unfortunately the 2555 isn't like my 6065. My fuse panel is near the clutch, not under the hood. I'm not convinced my 6065 has an OBD port. I've searched with a flashlight around the engine compartment pretty thoroughly, not promising it isn't there, but I can't find it.

Sooner or later there will be enough 6065 owners out there and someone will post the service reset procedure. The service reset procedure is probably going to be the same for the 6075. So if there are any 6075 owners out there who know about an OBD port or the service reset procedure, kindly post what you know?

Thanks again,

/ 6065 reset service minder?
Mahindra 6065 Service Minder reset

Here is what I was told to reset my Service Minder:

1. Turn on ignition key but do not start. Leave ignition in ON position.
2. Verify the dashboard Oil Pressure and Battery indicator lights are on.
3. Remove the fuse labeled "reset" from the fuse box.
4.Press and hold the Trip Button and keep holding it for the next few steps.
5. Turn ignition off for one second, the back on for two seconds, do that a total of 5 times.
(Left hand holding down trip reset button, right hand turns ignition switch: off, on (1), off, on (2), off, on (3), off, on (4), off, on (5).
Leave the ignition in the ON position.
6. The instrument panel will do a self check after 5 cycles of the ignition switch.
7. Release the trip reset button after panel self check is complete.
8. Replace the fuse.
9. Press and release the Trip reset button. The service minder light should go out.

I did it. It worked.
Hope this helps someone.

/ 6065 reset service minder? #5  

5. Turn ignition off for one second, the back on for two seconds, do that a total of 5 times.
(Left hand holding down trip reset button, right hand turns ignition switch: off, on (1), off, on (2), off, on (3), off, on (4), off, on (5).
6. The instrument panel will do a self check after 5 cycles of the ignition switch.
8. Replace the fuse.
9. Press and release the Trip reset button. The service minder light should go out.

I did it. It worked.
Hope this helps someone.
Thanks it worked on my 2020. 6075. Good folks in this world

/ 6065 reset service minder? #6  
Jerry, Thanks for taking time to reply and take pics. Unfortunately the 2555 isn't like my 6065. My fuse panel is near the clutch, not under the hood. I'm not convinced my 6065 has an OBD port. I've searched with a flashlight around the engine compartment pretty thoroughly, not promising it isn't there, but I can't find it.

Sooner or later there will be enough 6065 owners out there and someone will post the service reset procedure. The service reset procedure is probably going to be the same for the 6075. So if there are any 6075 owners out there who know about an OBD port or the service reset procedure, kindly post what you know?

Thanks again,
I have a 2021 6075 Cabbed. It has a courtesy light on the lower left side of the dash housing. My OBD port is accessed by removing that cover over the light.

/ 6065 reset service minder? #7  
I have a 2021 6075 Cabbed. It has a courtesy light on the lower left side of the dash housing. My OBD port is accessed by removing that cover over the light.
I have tried several times my self with going the fuse route as instructed by the dealership and tried to reset with a scanner. no luck. Sadly i start it then go around greasing everything until the alarm goes off.

/ 6065 reset service minder? #8  
1650810522071.png

/ 6065 reset service minder? #9  

8. Replace the fuse.

I did it. It worked.
Hope this helps someone.
I've tries this several times, but I believe my problem is that the battery indicator light is not staying on. Do you have aby ideal as to why it will not stay on?

Thanks

/ 6065 reset service minder? #10  
I've tries this several times, but I believe my problem is that the battery indicator light is not staying on. Do you have aby ideal as to why it will not stay on?

Thanks
I have a 6065 and have looked in all three fuse boxes and cannot find a label called reset. Also my battery indicator does not come on either. anyone else in this same situation or have a solution?