Mowing 60 inch mower linkage part doesnt fit

/ 60 inch mower linkage part doesnt fit #1  

PaulT

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota 2710
I just got my 2710 from Keys RV sales in Reynoldsville/Clarion PA. Best Price I could find, but I didn't get "the extras", such as a tractor configured as I requested. It also came 20 days after promised...but thats a story for another forum.

Anyway, I just found some time to work with the new tractor. I dug some holes to bury some stumps with the backhoe, and I spread some mulch with the loader. After that, I detached them so that I could install the mounting brackets for the 60" mower deck. (no, the dealer didn't do that for me. I had to read the manuals and twist the wrenches myself.) Anyway, things are going OK, until I get to the rear linkage hanger mount.

There is a bar with a flange that slides between the frame rails just in front of the rear tires. Only one bolt holds the flange to the frame (on the left side). Then, you slide the linkage tubes over this bar, insert some cotter pins and bend the pins over. The problem is that the bar is offset to the left side by 1/4 inch. The linkage that slides over the bar on the left has about 1/2 inch of play before it stops against the cotter pin. On the right side, however, the linkage hits the frame rail before it slides over far enough to expose the hole for the cotter pin (were talking 3/16 to 1/4 inch lacking is all). I looked at each linkage to see for sure if I swapped them for the wrong sides, but I put them on the way they came in the crate. If the flange were only 1/4 inch closer to the left edge, everything would be fine. Has anyone else had this problem? Am I doing something wrong?

I know most of you got your tractors with the mowers installed, but isn;t one of you guys a Kubota mech? I have the measurements if someone could compare theirs for me, I'd really appreciate it. I can't mow til this is resolved, and I really would like to get that implement working.

The measurements are:

With the bar bolted into place, the distance from the left edge of the flange to the cotter pin hole is 5 1/2 inches (if the bar is not mounted, it would be the distance from the flange edge to the closest cotter pin hole.).

The tube section of the linkage bracket for the left side is 4 15/16 inches long.
The tube section of the linkage bracket for the right side is 5 1/4 inches long.

I suppose could fix the problem by grinding off the weld that holds the flange in place and sliding it over 1/4 inch and rewelding it. The only problem is that I only have a small mapp torch, and have welded very few times. Besides, this is a brand new tractor. I just don't want to go visit the guy who was $2200 too high on his quote for warranty work in the first week. Especially since he knows I bought off the internet. Any thoughts???

PaulT

/ 60 inch mower linkage part doesnt fit
BTW,

Although its a 60 inch mower deck, the linkage is the same for the 72 inch deck. Also same on the 2910. Maybe the same on smaller units???

PaulT

/ 60 inch mower linkage part doesnt fit #3  
Paul, I remember our set-up guy ran in to this problem before. If I remember right he had to grind off some material to make that work. I'll try to get the scoop for you tommorrow.

/ 60 inch mower linkage part doesnt fit
Kubmech,

Would you be kind enough to check the other thread I posted on this? I sure would appreciate a Kubota viewpoint. Click on Cut or re-weld

Thanks,

PaulT