60” belly mower questoin

/ 60” belly mower questoin #1  

sliderbuck

Bronze Member
Tractor
2023 Kubota l4060
Does the mahindra 60” belly mower gearbox have a seal on the input side of it? Going all over it before i start mowing this season. I put oil in the gear box and its running out the front of it where the shaft is. I wasnt for sure how much oil to put in it so i put it in until it ran out of the plug hole.

/ 60” belly mower questoin #2  
Does the mahindra 60” belly mower gearbox have a seal on the input side of it? Going all over it before i start mowing this season. I put oil in the gear box and its running out the front of it where the shaft is. I wasnt for sure how much oil to put in it so i put it in until it ran out of the plug hole.

Sliderbuck, yes it does have a seal on the input shaft! I had to replace the seal a couple years ago on mine. Do to tall grass getting wrapped around the shaft and making its way into the seal causing it to leak!

/ 60” belly mower questoin
Have a feeling thats what caused mine to go out as well. Looks like the gearbox has to come apart to change it. Is that correct?

/ 60” belly mower questoin #4  
Have a feeling thats what caused mine to go out as well. Looks like the gearbox has to come apart to change it. Is that correct?

I removed the whole gear box from the deck and took it apart to check and clean it. I don’t believe you would have to completely disassemble to change the seal. Let me look and see if I can find my pictures I took tomorrow. Also I believe I have the part number for the seal I used that I can get for you also. Way cheaper then getting it from dealer.

Great. I appreciate it.

/ 60” belly mower questoin #6  
Don't know how new the mower is, but if it's older, you could just fill with pour able grease. It's way thicker them gear oil, so it shouldn't leak, or will at a Much slower rate.
Screenshot_20230326_084938_Chrome.jpg

It wont let me view the attachment. I tore it apart earlier. It does have to come apart to change them. Going to a bearing place after work tomorrow to see about the seal unless i can get the one you used somewhere in town.

/ 60” belly mower questoin #8  
Sorry was on app for phone! Can you see them now?

Attachments

• 27977A1D-877A-4B72-BE5D-84F4D3FA112A.jpeg
    27977A1D-877A-4B72-BE5D-84F4D3FA112A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
  • 499B52D5-19F3-431B-8C0B-FC361C0F06A6.jpeg
    499B52D5-19F3-431B-8C0B-FC361C0F06A6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
   / 60” belly mower questoin #9  
It wont let me view the attachment. I tore it apart earlier. It does have to come apart to change them. Going to a bearing place after work tomorrow to see about the seal unless i can get the one you used somewhere in town.

Huh, I couldn’t remember for sure if it did or not! guess old age is creeping in.

Yep got it now. Thanks a lot. Much appreciated!