6’ or 7’ brush chopper?

/ 6’ or 7’ brush chopper? #1  

NonTypicalCPA

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940
I am in the market for a new brush chopper to use behind my 60hp Kubota. I’ve had good luck with a 6 foot in the past, but I’m wondering if I should consider the 7 foot? I don’t mow enough to justify going to a multiple spindle mower, so I’m going to stick with a single spindle, probably Land Pride.

/ 6’ or 7’ brush chopper? #3  
I am in the market for a new brush chopper to use behind my 60hp Kubota. I’ve had good luck with a 6 foot in the past, but I’m wondering if I should consider the 7 foot? I don’t mow enough to justify going to a multiple spindle mower, so I’m going to stick with a single spindle, probably Land Pride.
I run a 6’ cutter with my 60HP Kubota. It runs the cutter without effort so a 7’ cutter would also be fine, even a 8’ dual spindle. Make your choice based on what you need to cut. Mostly grass and open, go big. Mostly brush and some tight spaces, go with the 6’ model. I chose the 6’ model because I have trees and other obstacles to mow around. Whatever size you choose, get front and rear chain guards instead of the solid metal bands if you’re cutting much brush or jumping stumps.

/ 6’ or 7’ brush chopper? #4  
7 foot is an odd awkward size, go 6 foot or 8 foot dual
This is something we actually agree on.

If you cannot justify going to a twin 8......which is a good match for a 60HP tractor maintaining pastures or fields....then the 6-7 foot upgrade isnt enough to be worthwhile. And a 7' cutter is gonna "feel" just as heavy if not heavier than an 8' twin because of its length. And being an oddball.....buyers are fewer and farther between if you ever wanna sell

/ 6’ or 7’ brush chopper?
Thanks guys I went back to another 6’.

/ 6’ or 7’ brush chopper? #6  
There is a pretty big price difference in a 6 vs 7 ft cutter. I would stay with a HD 6 ft with slip clutch. Ken Sweet