5ft brush hog on a 25hp compact

/ 5ft brush hog on a 25hp compact #61  
The owners manual on my Kioti ck20S states that a 4' mower max with a manual and a 5' max on a hydro tractor. The dealer said that with a hydro if the tractor starts lugging you can just let up on the go pedal. I have ran a 5' for years with no problems. BUT, would make sure back tires loaded and wouldn't use without a loader or front end weights.

RSKY
Are Kioti's made so cheaply on frame strength that the manual says only 4-ft implements are the max? I know LS had problems like this and got twisted frames on some models that they recall all of those machines. Does this model have a sub-frame too?

OK, after noticing this CK20S, it makes sense to have ballast fluid in the tiny rear wheels. Darn, plenty of Hp, but lacks elsewhere for this machine. It's a SCUT wanting to be a MCUT size.

1705766164510.png

/ 5ft brush hog on a 25hp compact #63  
TYM lists the T25 as a subcompact, small-frame tractor.

/ 5ft brush hog on a 25hp compact #64  
Looking at these tractor weights... My ZTR weighs 1340 pounds. Almost as much as these tractors which we are asking to carry loaders and implements. 😬

/ 5ft brush hog on a 25hp compact #65  
TYM specs say 1881 lbs with ROPS. Using only one manufacturer for reference, J-Bar advertises their 5' cutters ranging from 412lb to 700lb depending on model. ROTARY CUTTERS

I also think it isn't just the weight to consider, but also the leverage exerted by having a 5' cutter on the 3pt.

/ 5ft brush hog on a 25hp compact
Yeah they are almost a ton. Im sure it is well over a ton with the loader. I also have my tires loaded. Lifts and handles it fine. If i was mowing more than my 2acer field once a year, i think a 4 footer would be the better option to save on machine wear

/ 5ft brush hog on a 25hp compact #67  
Are Kioti's made so cheaply on frame strength that the manual says only 4-ft implements are the max? I know LS had problems like this and got twisted frames on some models that they recall all of those machines. Does this model have a sub-frame too?

OK, after noticing this CK20S, it makes sense to have ballast fluid in the tiny rear wheels. Darn, plenty of Hp, but lacks elsewhere for this machine. It's a SCUT wanting to be a MCUT size.

View attachment 847727

CK20s are the smallest compact made. Not a subcompact. Everything on it is cast iron and they are heavy for their size. BUT they are still a small tractor. The reason the manual trans model called for a 4' mower was due to available hp. The HST model has a few tenths less hp at the PTO but can quickly adjust ground speed to compensate for lugging the engine. We have sold all three farms my wife and I inherited and I am no longer bush hogging 50-60 acres every year and no longer having to 'trim' around fields with crops in them. People have stopped and asked me why I had the little tractor in the field when there was a larger tractor and mower also there and I would tell them that it was my weedeater to go around the edges.

RSKY

/ 5ft brush hog on a 25hp compact #68  
CK20s are the smallest compact made. Not a subcompact. Everything on it is cast iron and they are heavy for their size. BUT they are still a small tractor. The reason the manual trans model called for a 4' mower was due to available hp. The HST model has a few tenths less hp at the PTO but can quickly adjust ground speed to compensate for lugging the engine. We have sold all three farms my wife and I inherited and I am no longer bush hogging 50-60 acres every year and no longer having to 'trim' around fields with crops in them. People have stopped and asked me why I had the little tractor in the field when there was a larger tractor and mower also there and I would tell them that it was my weedeater to go around the edges.

RSKY
Weedeater 😂😂😂

/ 5ft brush hog on a 25hp compact #69  
What type of terrain will you be using this on?

What type of material will you be cutting?

I run a 5 foot with my 2400H (24 HP) with no problems on flat ground. Never connect top link just let roll on the tail wheel. Adjust my speed based on material being cut.
For your safety at least use a chain in place of the top link. If the tractor will not pick the rotary cutter up you should not be risking danger to yourself by using it.

/ 5ft brush hog on a 25hp compact #70  
For your safety at least use a chain in place of the top link. If the tractor will not pick the rotary cutter up you should not be risking danger to yourself by using it.
Guess I am ignorant but how is using chain as top link any safer than no top link on flat ground?