5835R Clutch and PTO problem?

/ 5835R Clutch and PTO problem? #1  

sobeit

Tractor
Branson 5835R
First the clutch problem. I have a shuttle shift with an electric clutch. It has a forward an reverse clutch rate knob. With the rate knob turned to slow the clutch slowly applies some times, when using the shuttle lever! The rest of the time when I shuttle shift the clutch instantly engages. This is particularly disturbing while mowing. I have to use the foot pedal which is like an on and off switch.

The PTO when engaging using the starts abruptly. I have sheered several bolts on my mower just by starting it.

Looks like a trip to the dealer. Any input here would be appreciated.

/ 5835R Clutch and PTO problem? #2  
What RPMs are you shifting and engaging the PTO at? Shearing shear bolts is a problem usually caused from engaging the PTO at higher RPMs.

/ 5835R Clutch and PTO problem? #3  
Also, make sure you contact your deal as the first 5835s that came out had some troubles with the TCM and an update was available for these tractors that would fix the harsh engagements I believe. So you may want to check with the dealer if yours is included on that list.

/ 5835R Clutch and PTO problem? #4  
Ok so i have seen this personally in my shop twice now, you will need to contact your dealer and have them get them information from branson about having your TCH and data logger reprogrammed, so what happening the engagement parameters in the TCU for the wet clutch have forgotten its programming and is trying to operate at factory setting( factory as in the OEM who built it, not branson) they will have the dealer do a reprogram and that should take care of the problem, bear in mind one of the tractors we did we had to reprogram twice to get it to take.

/ 5835R Clutch and PTO problem?
The reprogram is what the dealer is going to.

/ 5835R Clutch and PTO problem? #6  
Ok so i have seen this personally in my shop twice now, you will need to contact your dealer and have them get them information from branson about having your TCH and data logger reprogrammed, so what happening the engagement parameters in the TCU for the wet clutch have forgotten its programming and is trying to operate at factory setting( factory as in the OEM who built it, not branson) they will have the dealer do a reprogram and that should take care of the problem, bear in mind one of the tractors we did we had to reprogram twice to get it to take.
Thank you for being a steady source of great info for us Branson owners.

/ 5835R Clutch and PTO problem? #8  
One of Branson's strongest selling points has been a lack of computer controlled items. I understand that the world is moving in that direction. Computer control definitely has its advantages, but at the cost of making self diagnosis and repair of some issues next to impossible, as well as making one question the long term viability of the equipment. (It is next to impossible to find replacements many 20 year old automobile failed ECMs, just imagine trying to find a replacement for your tractor's computer 20 years from now). I hope Branson isn't abandoning the strategy of minimal computer control.

/ 5835R Clutch and PTO problem? #9  
cougsfan this was actually one of their biggest talking points in our last national dealer meeting, Branson is very aware of the potentiality of computer availabilities in the future and are doing their best to keep from using them at all if they can, however with the 5835R and it being an entirely wet clutch system they felt they had no choice but to use computer control for it as it would have been far to costly to produce it any other way.
as for computers in general Branson hates them and i do mean that literally, its ones of the reasons it is taking them so long to get the 74HP an 110HP to market, they have stated many times they will not be using DEF systems or computer control on their equipment as it is to degrading to engine components( <-- the DEF systems) and can cause to many potential issues with all the additional electrical components( <--- computers), so hopefully they won't be pushed into the newer computer controlled systems for quite some time, and if the current president has anything to say about it they won't, be at least as long as he remains the president anyway.

/ 5835R Clutch and PTO problem? #10  
I just went to the Branson website a bit ago for the heck of it.
I see that they have dropped the 7845 also.
So I guess the 58 HP 35 series is there biggest one now.
Asteral, do you know if the software for the 50 series is ever going to be released to the public?
Thanks