5425 John Deere running problems

/ 5425 John Deere running problems #1  

duanelindsey

Tractor
Ford 5030
I have a 2008 5425 John Deere tractor. It has 714.5 hours on it. I replaced the inner and outer air filters 21 hours ago, fuel filter 20 hours ago, and an aftermarket speed sensor
18 hours ago. I was having problems that after approximately thirty minutes of running it would smother down and die. When I would crank it sometimes the motor would run away,
and turning the switch off would not kill it. I would have to put it in gear and gear it down to kill it. After that the engine runs a few minutes it smothers down and dies. I had to crank
it again and again to get it to the shed. I put a new John Deere speed sensor on it approximately 2 hours ago and it is still doing the same thing. Would anyone have any ideas
about what is causing this? Thanks in advance.

/ 5425 John Deere running problems #2  
If it dies after a few minutes I'd check to make sure I have fuel flowing from the tank. Put a container under the hose and break the first connection after the tank outlet. See what the fuel flow looks like for five or ten seconds. It should flow freely. If you get a slow or feeble flow you may have found your problem. You then have only to clear the blockage.

/ 5425 John Deere running problems #3  
so, for 20 hours it has been running bad? my experience with a 5225. probably different engine, but i had a difficult time changing the fuel filter one time and it is a hard thing to do even in january. i would make sure that the filter is in correctly and the spring and gaskets in the right way and no leaks around the hand pump and spring inside.

/ 5425 John Deere running problems
If it dies after a few minutes I'd check to make sure I have fuel flowing from the tank. Put a container under the hose and break the first connection after the tank outlet. See what the fuel flow looks like for five or ten seconds. It should flow freely. If you get a slow or feeble flow you may have found your problem. You then have only to clear the blockage.
Thanks for the reply. I will check the fuel flow out to be sure.

/ 5425 John Deere running problems
so, for 20 hours it has been running bad? my experience with a 5225. probably different engine, but i had a difficult time changing the fuel filter one time and it is a hard thing to do even in january. i would make sure that the filter is in correctly and the spring and gaskets in the right way and no leaks around the hand pump and spring inside.
Thanks for the reply. I will check the fuel filter out and see if i missed doing something correctly.