53 Super C Clutch going soft

/ 53 Super C Clutch going soft #1  

madscotsman59

Tractor
53 Farmall Super "C"
My Super C has a loader with a manure bucket and today i was scooping and hauling loose dirt and the clutch started getting hard to let it in gear. It doesn't do it all of the time. It will let me drop it in any gear easily sometimes but other times it grinds and never slows down to synchronize. Is there an way to adjust the linkages under the clutch pedal or in the hand hole to buy me some time on what clutch i have left? 50046011_1117185588443593_7343014159002370048_n.jpg

/ 53 Super C Clutch going soft #2  
The yoke at the end of the rod connected to the clutch pedal, is the only adjustment. If I remember correctly, free travel should be approx. 1", from where it rests against the platform.

If you've slipped it a bit when geting buckets of dirt, I'm guess you got the clutch late hot, and not releasing properly. It's hard enough on them with weighted tires, where possibly the tire will spin, relieving some pressure of the clutch. With those tracks, and no wheel slippage, something has to give. The clutch is probably the weakest link in the system set up like that. An axle is next, which I believe you already replaced.

/ 53 Super C Clutch going soft
I'll see if i can get a little more life out of it and return it to snow plow service this winter. All of the action it ever sees is about 15 minutes per session to push the snow off of the driveway with a V-plow blade. I'll just rent a little skid steer loader to finish off the dirt piles. Thanks