Oil & Fuel 5252 starved for fuel?

/ 5252 starved for fuel?
I'm sorta back to where I started, except I did rule out an electrical problem. The last mowing, the spark indicators were indicating good spark on both cylinders when it stalled out

When I replaced the fuel filter, I used a generic automotive filter because my Cub dealer didn't have one in stock. So I think I'll pull the deck again and start back at the tank. I think it's just not getting enough fuel at full RPM with the deck engaged.

Curt

/ 5252 starved for fuel?
Well, I had some time today to try a few more solutions.
I removed the fuel filter and drained the tank into a can, I had plenty of flow and no obvious debris in the line.

I replaced the fuel filter with the right filter, it had to be ordered, the automotive filter was a clear case and had a bit of debris in it.

I split the carb and removed the top half and float, blew everthing out and re-assembled.

And just on the outside chance that this is a valve sticking when it heats up, I did a thorough cleaning with the air hose of all the engine parts.

Then I mowed for two hours with no symptoms. I'm still not sure it's fixed!

Then I discovered I have a huge grub problem, I was thinking the brown patches were due to lack of water but I noticed a lot of skunk diggings in the yard and when I examined one of the brown patches, it pulled up like a carpet, just like I've read about.

Dang, it's always something!

Curt