Loader 522 Loader Question

/ 522 Loader Question #11  
Looks like you have the front wheels spaced real wide. You may not have any interference at that setting.
I would make sure you are not wider than reccommended.
Another check to make is with the bucket fully dumped it does not contact the tires as it is lowered, especially if you put bale/manure tines on.

/ 522 Loader Question
The guy I bought it from said that it didn't feel very stable when operating with a large load in the FEL so he had the Deere dealer come out and they spaced the tires as wide as they will go.

Center to center the tires are exactly 6ft wide. It is VERY wide for it's height. It would take a lot to flip it over.

I'll check the manual.

/ 522 Loader Question #14  
We'd like to hear back how that works out. Sounds like a good plan and watch for contact.
And whatever you did, the pics did post finally. ;)

/ 522 Loader Question #15  
You should check your tractor manual for a maximum width with a loader. I have a much bigger trqctor and it says 71" maximum when using a loader. They will go out to 79.4

According to your link you are at 74.7" in position H

/ 522 Loader Question
You should check your tractor manual for a maximum width with a loader. I have a much bigger trqctor and it says 71" maximum when using a loader. They will go out to 79.4

According to your link you are at 74.7" in position H

I looked in the tractor manual too but didn't see anything stipulating "maximum width with loader". I certainly could have missed it. I'll sleep on it an look again.

However, I would find it strange that the loader manual contains such detailed front tire width specs for the 5105, including adjusting the front tire steering stops, only to find something in the tractor manual that contradicts it.

/ 522 Loader Question #17  
I looked in the tractor manual too but didn't see anything stipulating "maximum width with loader". I certainly could have missed it. I'll sleep on it an look again.

However, I would find it strange that the loader manual contains such detailed front tire width specs for the 5105, including adjusting the front tire steering stops, only to find something in the tractor manual that contradicts it.

It may not be an issue with your tractor. It could be the larger lift capacity of my loader is the reason they spec a max width for my tractor. I am set at the manual max with for max stability.

The stops on your cylinders may only be needed if your front width was set narrower.

I noticed in your picture two pin postions for the lift cylinders. Does the manual say which you should use? Stops may only be needed for one pin hole and not the other. Picture does not show forward pin of cylinder, is there more than pin hole up front?

All said, if you don't have clearance issues without the stops, just leave them off.

/ 522 Loader Question
I noticed in your picture two pin postions for the lift cylinders. Does the manual say which you should use? Stops may only be needed for one pin hole and not the other. Picture does not show forward pin of cylinder, is there more than pin hole up front?

The pins are set correctly for a 522 loader on a 5105 frame. Per the manual, if the pins are set incorrectly for a 5105 frame, the loader lift capacity is greater than the 5105 frame is designed to handle. Therefore, if I ever need a little more "umph" out of the loader, I know how to get it. :shocked::shocked:

FYI, I looked at the tractor manual again and don't see anything regarding maximum front tire width with loader attached so I guess I'll just run with the info in the loader manual. I'll prolly take the stops off this weekend and see what happens. If anything bad happens or I see where this could create a problem I'll let everyone know. If needed, I can always use my plasma cutter and welder to custom re-engineer the stops to give "just enough" clearance.

/ 522 Loader Question
I removed the Lift Cylinder Stops today. Since the front wheels are so wide the loader arms fit easily between the front tires when the loader arms are all the way down as far as they will go. With the bucket curled all the way up the loader will now lift the front tires about three feet off the ground. Before I took the stops off the bucket had to be curled all the way down in order to lift the front wheels off the ground.

When the loader is all the way down the tires WILL hit the outside of the loader arms if you turn the steering wheel far enough left or right. (You have to turn it pretty far) I can see no reason to ever turn the steering wheel that far to either side while digging a hole so I left the Lift Cylinder Stops off.

Can anyone come up with a scenario that would require you to turn the steering wheel that far left or right WHILE the loader is that far down?

I dug a test hole straight down and it did a great job. I didn't measure it but the hole was close to four feet deep.

/ 522 Loader Question #20  
If the tires just rub on the loader arms, should be able to correct without damage to either.
Not often you would be in that real low position so hope it all goes well for you. Thanks for the reponse, as now we can all sleep better. .