5115M open station quit taking gear now unless I use clutch pedal every shift.

/ 5115M open station quit taking gear now unless I use clutch pedal every shift. #11  
I had the same issue twice on my 2021 6105E. Both times I could still drive the tractor by using the clutch to operate the reverser, but still had no PTO operation. Both times the JD tech was there within 30 minutes and adjusted the bracket for the magnetic seat switch, but said the seat switch was good. JD has now issued a new upgraded ECM that supposedly corrects the problem. Tech came out and replaced mine in about 15 minutes, and have had no further issues. This was in August. If you are having codes Ptr 1504.10 and 2820.31, the new ecm might correct your problem. Hope this helps.

/ 5115M open station quit taking gear now unless I use clutch pedal every shift.
My magnetic seat switch originally failed is why I bypassed it by wiring the 2 wires together 7 months ago.

My PTO is working fine now.

I’ll check into this ECU module.

/ 5115M open station quit taking gear now unless I use clutch pedal every shift.
This tractor will take F&R fine Without using the clutch for 5-8mins after first cranked - then eventually the N (neutral) lamp in dash will start flashing requiring you to use the clutch pedal every shift :mad: (n) :cry:

Any ideas out there ?

Going to have to replace this magnetic seat switch.
It being bypassed quit wrkn
3343A7A3-ED52-45BD-8EE5-6C80E4C843FF.jpeg

I had the same issue twice on my 2021 6105E. Both times I could still drive the tractor by using the clutch to operate the reverser, but still had no PTO operation. Both times the JD tech was there within 30 minutes and adjusted the bracket for the magnetic seat switch, but said the seat switch was good. JD has now issued a new upgraded ECM that supposedly corrects the problem. If you are having codes Ptr 1504.10 and 2820.31, the new ecm might correct your problem. Hope this helps.
I’m getting your 2820.31 code in my dash

The new $100 (with shipping) magnetic seat switch fixed my 5115M taking gear w/o using clutch pedal.

I didn’t realize how little I used the clutch pedal until it started flashing the Neutral light every time I’d switch directions with power reverser lever.

3BF3C203-AA88-4266-BF1C-AE8C4CF3DAF8.jpeg

Note : my Elc PTO would still engage fine with the 2820.31 operator presence code in dash.

I’m glad it didn’t need the ECU since it’d just slipped out of warranty a few months ago (y)

Last edited:
   / 5115M open station quit taking gear now unless I use clutch pedal every shift. #18  
Glad you got that figured out. Some of these failures and what they cause still amaze me.