5' King Kutter bent bush hog Lift Arm Brace

/ 5' King Kutter bent bush hog Lift Arm Brace #21  
Most newer cutters have a floating top link arm. No need to do that with the newer models.
I disagree. The floating top link arm (if I understand what you are talking about) is a free-jointed top link shown below that allows a few inches of flex in the angle the deck makes with the ground and with the tractor. One example is shown here and each mfr seems to have variations on the same idea. These folding top link attach points are better than nothing but still often lead to bent straps just like the OP showed. For my money I'll put on chains to replace the straps.
20180620_171836.jpg

/ 5' King Kutter bent bush hog Lift Arm Brace #22  
I disagree. The floating top link arm (if I understand what you are talking about) is a free-jointed top link shown below that allows a few inches of flex in the angle the deck makes with the ground and with the tractor. One example is shown here and each mfr seems to have variations on the same idea. These folding top link attach points are better than nothing but still often lead to bent straps just like the OP showed. For my money I'll put on chains to replace the straps.
View attachment 749243
This example seems pretty skimpy compared to the LandPride version of a floating link.

/ 5' King Kutter bent bush hog Lift Arm Brace #23  
This example seems pretty skimpy compared to the LandPride version of a floating link.
Well, I like the Landpride linkage better myself but the JD image was handy. The point remains: Better off to use chains.