4720 MY2011 (Fuel Filter?)

/ 4720 MY2011 (Fuel Filter?) #1  

9973720wb19

Platinum Member
Tractor
Many
I just took delivery on a new (less than 1 hour) 2011 4720 yesterday evening. I noticed the fuel filter has no viewing window at the bottom to "see" any water build up, and noticed the manual shows two types - one with bottom window and one without. Is the one with the window one I could order when I do the first service. Any additional advice or experences with maint. would be appreciated.

Btw, I'm a working man (desk job kind of thing). This time of year, I leave in the dark and get home in the dark. It's killing me to be looking out the window stuck here - can't wait until the weekend.

/ 4720 MY2011 (Fuel Filter?) #2  
Most of us (99.2%) don't have the fuel filter with the "window"!

Nonetheless, congrats on your new - 2011 - tractor!! :thumbsup:

For the rest of us... we just rely on the owner's manual recommendation and change it out when we do the other maintainence work.

AKfish

/ 4720 MY2011 (Fuel Filter?) #4  
I noticed this too, while my 110tlb had a sediment bowl setup the 4520 doesn't. I will check on this viewable filter arrangement next time I am at the dealer. If it is reasnoable I will consider it, otherwise I will stick with the existing spin on filters.

/ 4720 MY2011 (Fuel Filter?) #5  
I just took delivery on a new (less than 1 hour) 2011 4720 yesterday evening. I noticed the fuel filter has no viewing window at the bottom to "see" any water build up, and noticed the manual shows two types - one with bottom window and one without. Is the one with the window one I could order when I do the first service. Any additional advice or experences with maint. would be appreciated.

Btw, I'm a working man (desk job kind of thing). This time of year, I leave in the dark and get home in the dark. It's killing me to be looking out the window stuck here - can't wait until the weekend.

Congratulations on your new Deere 4720, you will really like it.:thumbsup:

/ 4720 MY2011 (Fuel Filter?)
thanks all. Yeh, my 3720 had a metal can fuel filter AND a water bowl - seperate from each other. although it was two things to maint. it was nice to have a quick look. When it's time to maint. my 4720, I'm going to see if I can get the fuel filter with the bottom water window.