4340 Cab

/ 4340 Cab #1  

CaptainBillUSMC

Tractor
Allis Chalmers 6060 MFWD
Hello. New to the forum. Have an Allis 6060 MFWD but it痴 in bad shape and probably won稚 be ready by the summer. So I went tractor shopping today and found the 4340.

First look didnt go so well. Right off the bat, no start. Had to be jumped. At first he jumped at the starter. Then on my insistence he jumped at the batt because I wanted to se if we could get it to hold a charge. Nothing.

Other issues: rear wiper doesn稚 work, turn signals don稚 work and radio doesn稚 work. Otherwise, AC blows cold, shifts though all gears, stays in gear, no blow by, goes in and out of 4wd, both PTO settings are as should be, 3 pt hitch is good, lifts fine, although a bit slow, hyd works. One thing I did note that the PTO clutch lever does not work. PTO shifts between 540 and 1000 but the clutch temporary disengage lever does nothing. Should I be concerned with this? I could just disengage the PTO using the main lever under the seat if I needed to get off the tractor, right?

One other issue: the right rear tire is an 18 and the left rear is the standard 16 28. Is this something to be concerned about? Could I replace the right rear tire without buying a rim? Any safety concerns with running 2 different size rear tires?

Thank you in advance for any insights you all have!