4300 glow plugs?

/ 4300 glow plugs?
Maybe so, but having only spent about a half hour looking over a machine I'm not at all familiar with, and it having a couple different problems, I figured a little research would be a good starting point.

All the Yanmar engines I've been around so far were indirect injection engines and glow plugs not working could be a factor with any form of hard starting. I walked into this ASSUMING that this was just another one of those, and since I couldn't actually see the top of the cylinder head to confirm that, I figured I would get a little deeper into it next time. There WILL be a next time. Once I get the word that new oil and filters are on hand, "I shall return".

/ 4300 glow plugs? #22  
Maybe so, but having only spent about a half hour looking over a machine I'm not at all familiar with, and it having a couple different problems, I figured a little research would be a good starting point.

All the Yanmar engines I've been around so far were indirect injection engines and glow plugs not working could be a factor with any form of hard starting. I walked into this ASSUMING that this was just another one of those, and since I couldn't actually see the top of the cylinder head to confirm that, I figured I would get a little deeper into it next time. There WILL be a next time. Once I get the word that new oil and filters are on hand, "I shall return".
The JD 4300 has a direct injection engine.