Ballast 42lb quick-tatch weights

/ 42lb quick-tatch weights #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
Anyone know if you can hang the 42 lb weights off the back of a JD CAT 1 weight box?

/ 42lb quick-tatch weights #2  
I suspect you can but whether or not they'll stay there is another question. They have a vertical slot designed to slide over about 3/8 inch steel. On my tractor there is then a 1/2 inch rod that slides just above the weights to keep them from bouncing out. You could add steel thickness to the weight box but I suspect you'd still want some feature to keep the weights in place. Should be easy enough to come up with something /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 42lb quick-tatch weights #3  
I have noticed that there have been several front weight brackets on sale on ebay lately. I saw them when searching using "john deere compact". Just checked and there is at least one out there with no bids and starting at $24.95. This may be a neat way to mount the weights.

/ 42lb quick-tatch weights #4  
great idea /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 42lb quick-tatch weights #5  
I hang suit case weights of the back of my weight box. I also hang them off the front of the tractor when needed and on the 3PH blade when I need extra down force. Very versatile things to have. They can jump off if the tractor gets to bouncing.

Jeff

/ 42lb quick-tatch weights
Great. My dealer has them on sale. I have wheel weights and a weight box, but a full bucket makes me lose traction in 2WD.

/ 42lb quick-tatch weights #7  
I picked up 4 of them at an auction for $55. I didn't know how I was going to hang them off the back of my 2210, I just knew I needed some weight. I mounted them on a cross drag bar that fits between the 3 pt. lift arms. I slid the cross drag bar through the handle section of the weight, and added a couple of bolts in the bar to act as stops to keep them centered. I liked the setup so much that I bought a couple more from the dealer (at $41 each). I can still mount at least two more, and will probably do so in the near future.
On a side note, the weights also "store" the spacing rod in the hole at the top of the slot. The spacing bar is needed on 2210's so the lift arms will also raise the MMM.