4110 Questions

/ 4110 Questions #1  

KENB

Silver Member
Tractor
MAHINDRA 4110, Ford 2N
Hey guys. I am just getting to know my 4110. Have only been doing light duty work so far, and approaching the 25 hour mark. I have a few questions:
1.) There are 3 levers to the right of the seat: Draft, Position, and What is the other one for? It is a long handle lever just behind the Draft and Position lever. I haven't been able to identify it in the owners manual.
2.) The owners manual shows changing the Oil, oil filter, transmission oil, and front axle oil, and something called a hydraulic oil filter at the first 50 hour mark. I thought something was supposed to be done at 25 hours???
3.) Do you really change all of those items at the first 50 hours?
Thanks for the advice.

/ 4110 Questions #2  
The handle in question is if you had top and tilt or some other impliment that can use the dual remotes that are on the rear of your tractor.. In other words, that third lever goes to the remotes for optional use.
As far as the 50 hour rquirement, yes, to all. It has to be done and isn't something that should be overlooked or shortchanged on.

/ 4110 Questions #3  
KENB: I have a 4110 with about 550 hours on it. I bought it new in June 2002. I try to follow the recommendations in the owner's manual for fluid changes. I also blow out the radiator vents and the outer air filter cannister every chance I get. You will want to make sure that the rubber tube connecting the air filter to the engine is securely fastened. Mine was a little loose when it came from the factory. I am very pleased with my 4110 so far. Let me know if you have any questions about your 4110. Pecanman