4110 battery gave out this week

/ 4110 battery gave out this week #1  

coffeeman

Platinum Member
Should I replace at end of season or......should I wait till spring?

I figure I'll run the tractor about 5 times till I put away for year. A quick jump of the battery gives me enough juice for the day.

I'm thinking of replacing and losing 5 months warrenty. Wondering what you all think?

Cheers....coffeeman

/ 4110 battery gave out this week #3  
I would replace the battery when they are on sale, if that ever happens. You don't have to put it in right away, but if you get a good price, grab it, and install later. I bought my last one at Wal*Mart. They had the best replacement warranty of any place I checked.

/ 4110 battery gave out this week
I would replace the battery when they are on sale, if that ever happens. You don't have to put it in right away, but if you get a good price, grab it, and install later. I bought my last one at Wal*Mart. They had the best replacement warranty of any place I checked.

Good idea.

Just got back from having 2 teeth pulled. Couldn't wait to fire up TBN and get my mind off of some of the pain. I'd rather have been shopping batteries today.

Cheers....Coffeeman

/ 4110 battery gave out this week #5  
When the battery went in my tractor I replaced it with the largest, highest cold cranking amp battery I could fit in the box. I bought it from Advance Auto but most auto parts stores have sales more often than tractor stores.

When the battery went in my tractor I replaced it with the largest, highest cold cranking amp battery I could fit in the box. I bought it from Advance Auto but most auto parts stores have sales more often than tractor stores.

I like Advance. Looking back over some posts, I found a post about my battery being weak in 2005. Now I don't remember if I replaced. I must have, though, it's 4 yrs now. Anyway, a little twist. My glow plug just started working, after years not working. I wonder if twisting wires near battery while atarting with jumpers had anything to do glow light starting to work.

Cheers Coffeeman

/ 4110 battery gave out this week #7  
I thought I had a dead battery earlier this summer until I pulled the terminals and saw the corrosion on one post - cleaning it cleared up all my problems.
OTOH, while I thought it was dead, I did a lot of shopping. SAM's club had the best price on group 31 batteries but Batteries Plus had the best warranty.

I thought I had a dead battery earlier this summer until I pulled the terminals and saw the corrosion on one post - cleaning it cleared up all my problems.
OTOH, while I thought it was dead, I did a lot of shopping. SAM's club had the best price on group 31 batteries but Batteries Plus had the best warranty.

Good point!

My battery connections do look crappy. I''ll try that before winter.

Cheers