40HP LS Tractor Model Lineup = Confusion.

/ 40HP LS Tractor Model Lineup = Confusion. #11  
No problem. Some people think the sky is falling with tier IV emissions. No more diesel odor. I have a Passat TDI. The exhaust has a faint chlorine odor is the best way I can describe it.

/ 40HP LS Tractor Model Lineup = Confusion.
We just bought a gently used (50k miles) 2010 Jetta TDI -- really like it a lot.

My Kioti CK35 HST is Tier 3, I guess... never heard of regen until now though.

/ 40HP LS Tractor Model Lineup = Confusion. #13  
Had an 2009 Jetta TDI, great Lyle car, but needed something a little bigger. Now have 2013 Passat TDI. Passat gets better fuel economy than the Jetta. I am 6'4" tall and I can sit in the back seat and my knees have several inches of clearance.

/ 40HP LS Tractor Model Lineup = Confusion. #14  
The 2010 Jetta has the previous body style, but the electronics of the 2011+ cars. VW makes a great Diesel engine. That little 2.0 L engine is making 140 HP and 236 lb ft torque.

/ 40HP LS Tractor Model Lineup = Confusion. #15  
Same here 2010 TDI Cup edition. 3 kids now so we upgraded.
IMAG0779.jpg

/ 40HP LS Tractor Model Lineup = Confusion. #16  
The R was the Tier iii. No longer available. 4040 will be phased out and replaced by 4140. 4140 will regen about every 50 hrs vs every 4 for the 4040. Your displacement and output observations were correct.

I love my XR4040. It has about 125 hours in it. Regen frequency seems somewhat dependent on engine activity. If I'm mowing for hours it happens less. If I'm doing fidget work it seems more frequent. Note that you should not shut the engine off when the regen light is on. You can do it once or twice if you must, but the manual recommends letting it run until the cycle is completed.

The 4040 has been a workhorse and I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Just wish it had a cupholder! :drink: