400lbs of Lucas red n tacky?

/ 400lbs of Lucas red n tacky? #31  
$3,220 dollars in savings and you get to say you have a bigger barrel of grease than anyone on TBN... at least until a new grease king speaks up.
Looking a tanker of Red n Tacky as we speak. ;) What's the chances anyone here has a rail car full?

/ 400lbs of Lucas red n tacky? #33  
I look at it like this. You’re walking down the aisle at the grocery store/hardware store etc. you think wow that’s a great deal on that, but then you realize you don’t need that thing. It sounds like in your case you need and use a lot of grease. The question is are you going to miss the easy use of cartridges? 10 years from now will you look at the large barrel of grease that is more than half full and ask yourself why did I buy that?

/ 400lbs of Lucas red n tacky?
I look at it like this. You’re walking down the aisle at the grocery store/hardware store etc. you think wow that’s a great deal on that, but then you realize you don’t need that thing. It sounds like in your case you need and use a lot of grease. The question is are you going to miss the easy use of cartridges? 10 years from now will you look at the large barrel of grease that is more than half full and ask yourself why did I buy that?
10 years from now grease might be $25/cartridge and I’ll be looking at this grease thinking glad I bought it when I did. Kinda like ammo lol.

Also there is a very little know clause in the bill of rights that lets you pay debts with grease or lard as legal currency!!! ;)

/ 400lbs of Lucas red n tacky? #35  
Not a bad idea but that still leaves you with the cartridge removal mess and you have to buy the empty cartridges as well. That don't work for me as all my lever guns have clear polycarbonate barrels so I can see when they are getting low and need refilled.

The LE grease I use is very hard to wash off your hands, very hard.
I found my last order of red n tacky cartridges. Worked out to $10.70/lb this ridiculous order of grease was $2.65/lb. Not to mention the time period when this grease was very difficult to find anywhere.

Ill keep it in an insulated and climate controlled shop. It ain’t milk and I suspect it’ll be good for a long time.
It will probably outlast you....

/ 400lbs of Lucas red n tacky? #38  
A case every week and a half or two weeks.

What’s 1k, 4 trips to the grocery store?? For that I have grease for a very long time. Grease might be 4 times as expensive before I use this up.
this is the way I also buy petroleum products. Stock to the rafters when it's cheap. I'm burning $1.28gal diesel and useing Lucas grease at $22 a case. All 4.5yrs old.

I have used grease from a 55gak drum. I was a fleet mechanic at a municipality. We had about 8 bulk reels at every other bay and one of them was grease. Grease took a while to use as we also used cartridges. Engine oil, gear oil and coolant was changed nearly weekly.

/ 400lbs of Lucas red n tacky?
Not a bad idea but that still leaves you with the cartridge removal mess and you have to buy the empty cartridges as well. That don't work for me as all my lever guns have clear polycarbonate barrels so I can see when they are getting low and need refill.
I like the clear gun barrels and you have an air powered pump on the bulk tube for filling the guns correct?. Could you post a picture of your setup?

/ 400lbs of Lucas red n tacky? #40  
10 years from now will you look at the large barrel of grease that is more than half full and ask yourself why did I buy that?
If @Fixastuff uses half the grease in the barrel in 10 years, he'll have saved himself a fortune.

Another thing to keep in mind, it is always handy when one needs something for it to be right there, rather than a trip into town, or ordering online.