4 wheel dive issue on 293 HST

/ 4 wheel dive issue on 293 HST #1  

Giltai

Tractor
TYM T293 HST
Hey guys my tractors 4 wheel drive lever won’t budge when I try to select 4 wheel drive. It’s going good as gold but just won’
t elect it. Tried the lift with the FEL trick but that did nothing any help would be appreciated Thanks Gilbert

/ 4 wheel dive issue on 293 HST #2  
Have you tried putting it in reverse and backing up a little? Sometimes that helps. Is the tractor stored outside or in a building? The linkage could be stuck. Use your favorite penetrating oil on all the pivot points and see if that helps.

/ 4 wheel dive issue on 293 HST #3  
On my Kubota M9's I have turn the front wheels too and fro to get it to engage FWA at times.

/ 4 wheel dive issue on 293 HST #4  
Try rocking tractor,if you have front loader put press down enough to raise frontend.

/ 4 wheel dive issue on 293 HST
Thanks guys its a a Shed most of the time and I tried all of the suggestions before posting. I tracked it to the gearbox and it is pretty direct with only 2 linkages which seem to be free ( sprayed with CRC anyway ) sort of feel I should take the top of the gearbox off to see what’s going on

Hey guys had another look and got it sorted if anyone has the issue this is what happened and fix. Basically it has 2 pivot points with the bottom attached to a lever that goes into the gearbox and I think activates the 4 wheel drive. Greasing the pivots never worked so I put a vice grip on the lever and moved it . It wasn’t tight but what had happened was when engaging it went past the point of balance and locked it so I could not move it with the lever. I made up another pivot arm fractionally shorter so it engages but doesn’t go a bit further to lock it from moving. So far it’s been good. Thanks for everyone’s help

/ 4 wheel dive issue on 293 HST #7  
Hey guys had another look and got it sorted if anyone has the issue this is what happened and fix. Basically it has 2 pivot points with the bottom attached to a lever that goes into the gearbox and I think activates the 4 wheel drive. Greasing the pivots never worked so I put a vice grip on the lever and moved it . It wasn’t tight but what had happened was when engaging it went past the point of balance and locked it so I could not move it with the lever. I made up another pivot arm fractionally shorter so it engages but doesn’t go a bit further to lock it from moving. So far it’s been good. Thanks for everyone’s help
My T233 won’t shift to 4wd or high low range, if there is any tension in the transmission from the HST Drive. With the tractor off no problem, and if I here any whine from the HST I tap the pedal opposite of the one last used, and it generally will slip right in. I need to get under and adjust the HST pedals, but other things keep coming up.

My T233 won’t shift to 4wd or high low range, if there is any tension in the transmission from the HST Drive. With the tractor off no problem, and if I here any whine from the HST I tap the pedal opposite of the one last used, and it generally will slip right in. I need to get under and adjust the HST pedals, but other things keep coming up.
Hi jigs my unit seems to be okay, when looking for fixes someone suggested lifting the front with the forks before putting in gear so I am doing that now and it seems to slip in well. Pretty happy with tractor was a bit concerned as here in NZ they are trying to get a market but good and solid just goes when I need to use it