3rd Function on SA324/424

/ 3rd Function on SA324/424 #1  

MurilloGuy

Tractor
None
Can you get an Yanmar 3rd function kit for these tractors?

/ 3rd Function on SA324/424 #2  
Looking at a YT359 and was told not from Yanmar. Was told WR Long supplies the kit, impression given me was they had at least working agreement with Yanmar on this. Dealer told me they had installed one and the amount of time it took them to me was rather longer than would have expected. Have a local tractor garage who installed a WR Long third function on nephews NH last year for lower price than I was given by the Yanmar dealership. "IF" memory is correct their price for the valve assembly itself was about what nephew paid for the valve assembly and installation. I do understand the price of the valve kit can vary with depending on the tractor.

Valve assembly think was told 1,100 to 1,200 for the Yt359 with no number for the installation.

/ 3rd Function on SA324/424 #3  
We've sold several custom WR Long true 3rd function kits for YT359 tractors and the install, according to most, is a piece of cake! There are over 300 customer reviews and a few videos at the link above.

This video shows how easy the install is. It's a Kubota, but the basic concept of installation is the same.

The price is $837 and you get $50 off when you order with the best grapple to ever touch a YT359. 400 pound Wicked 60.
Travis

KubotaMX5200crouse11s.jpg

Mahindra3550jacobwalker.jpg

Mahindra3550jacobwalker3.jpg

20191113_102108s.jpg

20191204_114120s.jpg

/ 3rd Function on SA324/424 #4  
"The price is $837 and you get $50 off when you order with the best grapple to ever touch a YT359. 400 pound Wicked 60.
Travis"

The quote is from above post. Have no experience with their products or the company other than here on TBN but liked this comment very much. We all should have such confidence in our work and what we produce. Seems today some don't mind producing really poor products if they produce anything. Looks like I will be in market for a grapple in next few months and I shall be considering their products. I appreciate their helping with info here and their videos. They have the attitude of a teacher.

/ 3rd Function on SA324/424 #5  
Did not realize I had not posted here I did buy Everything Attachment and very pleased with it. Ended up with Kubota tractor and not Yanmar. One thing I am yet going to do to the EA grapple is protect the tractor by using heavy expanded metal to prevent limb coming through the EA grapple. It is very open and they say to allow best vision which I fully agree it gives. HOWEVER, my was very fortunate to not damage the radiator and coolers right behind the grill as I had a limb some through the grapple. Did have grill made for my tractor to prevent it happening again but the grill is issue on checking engine fluids.

Limbs and small trees can be pulled into the back of the grapple and through it with both driving into that material and the closing of the grapple itself.

Grapple is great! EA was very good to work with.

/ 3rd Function on SA324/424 #7  
Just thought I'd throw in an update. Apparently, yanmar parts are available now. I priced up a SA325 Monday and adding 3rd function was about $830 at the dealer for parts and labor. The labor part would change by location. I would think it would be possible to ask the dealer to order the parts for you, but I didn't ask.

/ 3rd Function on SA324/424 #8  
That seems fair. I bought the kit from my dealer last spring and installed it myself, and while it wasn't complicated it did take a few hours.
I happen to have the details handy in case it's helpful for anyone:
TVK-YL210P (Third Function Kit) - MSRP $575

/ 3rd Function on SA324/424 #9  
Just a word of caution when considering a "third function kit". Although most dealers use this term for these hydraulic kits they are not all the same when it comes to how they work for the user. Some are just "diverter" valves while others are actually "true third function" valves. Diverters allow only one operation at a time. IE can't open or close grapple jaws while dumping or curling. A true 3rd function valve allows both functions at the same time. There's a price difference as well.

/ 3rd Function on SA324/424 #10  
The W.R. Long is a true 3rd function, and it's what my dealer sold me on; I'm pretty happy so far!