3rd Function grip handle

/ 3rd Function grip handle #1  

SI2305

Gold Member
Hello all,

I am planning on adding a grapple from (Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure) to my JD2305. I know that this is a complex process what with getting the power beyond up and running. I basically have two questions:

Hello All

I think I accidentally posted this on the general forums section, but it more appropriately belongs here. So if anyone knows how to or wants the other post removed, then by all means do so.

But my question is this: I am planning on adding a grapple from (Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure), but I have the following two obstacles:

1) Is there a cheaper route than either Deere or everything attachments (both in the 750-800 dollar range) to run power beyond (don't have it yet) to
the loader.

2) Secondly, I am kinda choosy about the grapple control. I really like the style of grip found on most deere 3000 and 4000 series. I know that I have a
vastly smaller tractor, but does anyone know if the actual "pistol" grip with remote thumb option is available and if it could simply be stuck on top of
my existing loader joystick rod? I don't mind wires running down the side of the stick--I can easily control that, but the position of the hand on the
control seems ideal on the JD series.

I did go to the dealer, unfortunately I did not speak with someone sufficiently knowledgeable to answer this simple question

Thanks in advance!

SI2305

JD2305, 200CX, Box Blade, Grader Blade, middle buster, homemade rake, LX4, 6" LandPride RFM

/ 3rd Function grip handle #2  
This is a nice one and good people to deal with if the Deere doesn't work out: Scorpion Technologies LTD. - S-Series

image.jpg

/ 3rd Function grip handle #3  
$535 for a diverter kit and $570 for a true 3rd function. Take a look here to see if you will like this control grip. Email me if your interested. ;)

/ 3rd Function grip handle
Deereherd,

What is the function of the trigger? It does look like a nice grip.

SI2305

/ 3rd Function grip handle #5  
Deereherd,

What is the function of the trigger? It does look like a nice grip.

SI2305

In my pics, the grip for the rear remotes has 2 buttons and a trigger. There are 3 diverter valves to operate. The trigger operates one of the diverter valves. If you go with a diverter setup, the grip will have a single button, or just the trigger. If you go with the true 3rd function, then there will be 2 buttons. ;)

So if I get this right, the trigger is for a hydraulic diverter setup?

The trigger setup seems ergonomically pleasing. Could I get by with a trigger and one button for the third function?

/ 3rd Function grip handle #8  
The trigger setup seems ergonomically pleasing. Could I get by with a trigger and one button for the third function?

You could, but that seems like it would be odd to me. But what ever you want. Do you really want a true 3rd function? At less than 3GPM, if you were to use all 3 functions at the same time, it would take forever to have the hydraulics move very far. Much easier to do the diverter setup IMO.

Just my :2cents:

MtnViewRanch,

Could I divert from the 3pt hitch to achieve the extra GPM? If so, then my assumption would be that the trigger would disengage the 3pt to operate the lid and I would simply squeeze the trigger any time I needed to operate the lid while at the same time maintaining the other functions of the loader. Does this sound reasonable to you?

SI2305

/ 3rd Function grip handle #10  
MtnViewRanch,

Could I divert from the 3pt hitch to achieve the extra GPM? If so, then my assumption would be that the trigger would disengage the 3pt to operate the lid and I would simply squeeze the trigger any time I needed to operate the lid while at the same time maintaining the other functions of the loader. Does this sound reasonable to you?

SI2305

Your tractor only puts out 2.9 GPM. Does not matter where you get the flow from, that is all the pump puts out. What you propose is not really feasible IMO. :thumbdown: Why do you think that you need to use all 3 functions at the same time? :confused3: Many many TBNers get by just fine using a diverter. Mt 75 hp tractor has 17GPM for the implements. I feel that it is slow enough when using just 2 functions, I can't grasp the need that everyone has with the true 3rd function setup. Most only have 8-10GPM. I can't imagine how slow it must be when they use all 3 functions at the same time. :eek:

I will supply you with whatever system you want, just let me know. ;)

Oh, and no you can't use the 3pt system. It is only a one way system and you need a double acting system.