3pt relief valve testing

/ 3pt relief valve testing #1  

dieselfuelonly

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1401D
Hi, I can't track down my service manual and was wondering if someone could show me where I need to connect a hydraulic pressure gauge in order to check the pressure that my relief valve is opening at. I believe something is not adjusted properly as my tractor is struggling to pick up some loads it should easily be able to handle.

Here are a couple pictures showing whats available on my tractor. I DO NOT have a FEL.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

/ 3pt relief valve testing #2  
One or both of those plugs on either side of the 3 pt drop valve should be a port for testing the pressure. I actually used that port on mine to power a dump trailer operated by the 3 pt lift valve.:) i only have one port and it is directly affected by the 3pt operation. You may actually be able to isolate your 3 pt from an external application. I suspect that one of the ports is directly related to the 3pt and the other could be isolated with the stop valve. That is, I suspect that your flow is from the pump to the 3pt valve, valve to the right hand port (sitting on the tractor), though stop valve, to second port, to 3pt cylinder. That is if you close the stop valve you can control another one way cylinder through the 3pt lift valve, but in that time the 3pt is locked.

That is my best guess. I could be very wrong.

Mike

/ 3pt relief valve testing #3  
I think you will find your relief valve behind the plug on the right hand side of your picture. I believe you can check pressure on the left hand side. Those fittings are likely metric and will have an o-ring or copper gasket to seal them. Hard to tell from a picture just what size they are. I removed a similiar plug on my 2002 and drill and tapped it out for 1/8"npt pipe threads to install an auxilliary cylinder outlet. Takes an r drill (.339") for a 1/8" tap. the outer diameter of 1/8" pipe is .405". Just stating this so you might be able to know if your plug is large enough to tap out. Not saying this is the way to go, just something to ponder.