3pt question

/ 3pt question #1  
Tractor
2023KIOTI NS 4710
I built up the courage to do my first implement change ever this past weekend. Removed rotary cutter for box blade.

I'm nearly positive I hooked it back up like it was but I'm slightly concerned. The pins for the stabilizer arms are in the last hole which kind of allows the arms to move a couple of inches, side to side right? So I'm pulling the box blade (extremely slow, carefully since this is first time) but I'm noticing the blade will catch dirt on one side or the other, pull the blade that way and then kind of dig in more and just dig down in one spot.

Anyway.. should something like that be hooked up in a "static" hole to avoid swinging and any additional stress that would cause?

Thanks!

/ 3pt question #2  
You could use different holes in your stabilizers, just watch that it doesn't bind when being raised or lowered. That should reduce the side to side sway.
As far as it digging in depending on how your top link is adjusted it will make the cutting edge more or less aggressive. Also when it starts digging in the blade will attempt to go as deep as you have dropped your 3 point control. The position control on your 3 point will determine the depth of cut. You may be needing to adjust that on the "go".

/ 3pt question #3  
I'm noticing the box blade will catch dirt on one side or the other, pull the blade that way and then kind of dig in more and just dig down in one spot.

How level the ground effects what part of your blades contacts.

You can adjust the Right Llfting Rod on the Three Point Hitch to add or decrease cant/pitch of the Box Blade.

These interactions are two sides of the same coin.

VIDEOS:

Last edited:
   / 3pt question #4  
You're talking side to side correct?
If so, then there should be adjustable tensioners on each lower arm. Tighten those up so that the implement has a little play --- maybe a 1/2 to 1" side to side.
IMG_1296.jpeg

/ 3pt question #5  
I believe the op is referring to pinned stabilizers, with at least one position being slotted to allow more side to side movement.
Each implement is likely to require a different pin setting, and the setting need NOT be the same on both sides.
I generally lift the implement and push it both ways to adjust side to side relatively tight. I don't use the slotted holes at all.

/ 3pt question #6  
Anyway.. should something like that be hooked up in a "static" hole to avoid swinging and any additional stress that would cause?
Yes. I always use the holes in the telescoping stabilizers, not the slots. There must be a use for the play the slots provide but I have not run into it for my uses.

/ 3pt question #7  
After attaching any 3-point implement I CAREFULLY raise and lower it. I DO want a little side movement throughout the entire range of raise and lower. This shows that while the implement is contained it is NOT binding. I use whatever holes are necessary on the stabilizer arms.

And the holes I might use will change when I attach implements such as my rear blade, roll over box blade, land plane grading scraper - etc. The rear blade is the best example. Some times I want the blade to be squarely behind the tractor. Other times I want it offset to one side or the other. Offset with the 3-point PLUS the offset with the rear blade - gets me where I want to be when blading snow on my driveway.

/ 3pt question #8  
After I hook something up like my brush hog, I raise it up so that the mower is about the same height as my leg calf, the I lean against it to try to center it as best as I can and then put the pin in the arm hole. Then I go to the other side and wiggle it a bit and stick the pin in the other arm.

/ 3pt question #9  
Generally you just want to center it and then insert pins so that it can't move far enough in either direction to catch the rubber of your tires and start chewing them up. Pin it so it's centered and adjust the angle-of-attack with the top link.