3pt. Hitch load on 4500

/ 3pt. Hitch load on 4500 #1  

coachlarry

Tractor
Deere
Want to run a sprayer on a Ventrac 4500p and wondering what i can get away with on flat athletic fields. Anyone have experience with spraying or other heavy loads off the back? Rig dry weight would be around 250#, plus liquid at 8 pounds per gallon. ventrac says rated for 750#, but Hoping to hear some user experience Pushing that limit.

/ 3pt. Hitch load on 4500 #2  
So if the limit is 750 lbs and the dry unit is 250 lbs, that leaves 500 lbs available or at 8lbs/gal gives you -> 62.5 gallons.

That's pretty heavy for a dry unit, so I'm assuming you have one of the 110 - 200 gallon tanks?

If you are intending to "fill it up" then no, the ventrac won't pick it up.

Another problem you may be looking at is the power to run the pump. The 4500p has the smallest alternator.

If you do get something going, at least to the ventrac a favor by taking off the extra weights on the back since you said you will be on flat land. No sense punishing the axles and bearings for nothing.

/ 3pt. Hitch load on 4500
So if the limit is 750 lbs and the dry unit is 250 lbs, that leaves 500 lbs available or at 8lbs/gal gives you -> 62.5 gallons.

That's pretty heavy for a dry unit, so I'm assuming you have one of the 110 - 200 gallon tanks?

If you are intending to "fill it up" then no, the ventrac won't pick it up.

Another problem you may be looking at is the power to run the pump. The 4500p has the smallest alternator.

If you do get something going, at least to the ventrac a favor by taking off the extra weights on the back since you said you will be on flat land. No sense punishing the axles and bearings for nothing.
Unfortunately, the Z is not available in California. i spray at 40-60 psi which draws 17-19 amps. The controller, foam marker, and solenoids would put me over 30, so i probably have to power the foam marker with an alternate source or rethink the whole thing. Yes, it’s a 100 gallon sprayer. one of the reasons i bought the ventrac was that i figured i could consolidate And get a better turn than utv skid sprayer. I’m starting to get concerned with this now. I take delivery of the tractor this week and am still specking out the sprayer.

/ 3pt. Hitch load on 4500 #4  
My manual page 80 states the 4500p has a 30 amp alternator. However page 82 states the general tractor draw is 2.9 amps, fuel pump 0.9 amps and hydraulic cooler fan (when on) is 4.8 amps. This makes a total draw of 8.6 amps with nothing else on, in other words 21.4 amps remain available.

So yes, if your sprayer needs 30 amps, this is way too much for the 4500p.

The 4500p is an impressive machine and has delivered what it said it would deliver for me and my needs, so I hope that you will be satisfied with your purchase for the other things you want it to do.

/ 3pt. Hitch load on 4500 #5  
I would look into a 3 point 60 gal. sprayer that uses a gas motor to power it. A 100 gal. seems huge for just a ball field. If you already have it, get a 12 volt 60 amp. alternator and drive it off the front and not fill the tank to max..... jim

/ 3pt. Hitch load on 4500
I would look into a 3 point 60 gal. sprayer that uses a gas motor to power it. A 100 gal. seems huge for just a ball field. If you already have it, get a 12 volt 60 amp. alternator and drive it off the front and not fill the tank to max..... jim
when we are coloring turf, we spray up to 70 gallons per acre. Baseball fields are typically two acres. Most chemicals we do at 30-40 GPA. Foliar fertilizers we can do at 20-30. Has anyone done the alternator setup your talking about that i could see? i Might have to downsize the whole sprayer setup unfortunately. I can also turn off nozzles amd work shorter to conserve pump draw in some applications. Not ideal, but also could use a deep cycle battery for the foam marker amd solenoids maybe.

/ 3pt. Hitch load on 4500 #7  
I was looking at 3 point sprayers and some run off a gas Honda engine with a 60 gal. tank. I don't know if they would work or not...... jim