3point log splitter

/ 3point log splitter #1  

Tshipp

Tractor
John deere 2640
Anybody use the one from tsc ? County line vert or horizontal? Thinking about buying one.

/ 3point log splitter #2  
I bought a splitter used, it came from TSC. So far, it looks good. I think it is a Speco.

/ 3point log splitter
Ok. This is the speeco I believe. Is your horizontal and verticals? And does it mount perpendicular to tractor?

/ 3point log splitter #4  
I started of with a tractor powered splitter & quickly converted it to a standalone so I could use the tractor & it is also a lot cheaper on fuel.

I would encourage you to go with a standalone splitter.

/ 3point log splitter #5  
splitter1.jpg

splittersig.jpg

I have a 3PH splitter for my JD750 and I can't complain at all about the fuel consumption. HOWEVER, it has it's own PTO-driven pump and is not dependent on tractor hydraulics. I don't believe I'd be happy with one that ran off tractor hydraulics given the GPM of most CUTs.

And, in my opinion, there's something to be said for not having another motor to maintain.

/ 3point log splitter #6  
They used to sell Husky, which is rebranded SpeeCo. Country Line is rebranded Behlen. See http://www.gohawkline.com/pdf/Hawkline.pdf
My SpeeCo is a dependable and hardworking TPH splitter. Hasn't disappointed me yet. Unfortunately I know nothing of the Behlen line. Might not hurt to compare specs before commiting

//greg//

/ 3point log splitter #7  
I started of with a tractor powered splitter & quickly converted it to a standalone so I could use the tractor & it is also a lot cheaper on fuel.

I would encourage you to go with a standalone splitter.

The fuel issue aside, I lean towards a stand alone also. That way the tractor isnt tied up, instead free for other uses. In my case I have no need of resorting to a pickup/trailer to haul in wood. Wood for me is close enough i can load it in the tractor bucket and split right out of said bucket. Another advantage is i can raise/lower the tractor bucket to a comfortable height to manuver blocks onto the splitter platform instead of having to bend to pick them off the ground, or stretch to get them off a trailer or other transportation platform.

/ 3point log splitter #8  
equipment pictures 003.JPG

I have this one,, I got at TSC about five years ago.. been a good one.. it's 35 ton.. Never had a problem with it.. Lou

/ 3point log splitter #9  
I have the same model that Lou66 has. I've had no problems. Fuel consumption might be a problem if you will be using it all day long but you don't need a big tractor for one of these.

I will admit that it not a speed demon if running it off of a rear remote. Do a quick calculation on the amt of fluid needed to operate the ram given your tractor's pump capacity.

/ 3point log splitter #10  
I'm another proponent of stand-alone. I have the Northern Tool North Star 30 ton with the Honda GX engine. Works well and can split all day on one tank of gas. It automatically idles down when the splitter blade retracts all the way. Solid piece of equipment.

HP