3ph lift arm adjuster

/ 3ph lift arm adjuster #1  

looch

Veteran Member
Tractor
B2601
Well I've racked up 18 hours on my new B7500 - it's great! I had a B5100E before along with a bunch of implements. Included was a mold board plow which I was never able to pull. I tried it out this week with the new tractor and even with the turfs I was able to turn over some 30+ year old ground.

I noticed a problem when adjusting the 3ph for the plow (the right arm has to be adjusted to almost its lowest position). It started to get really tough to turn. I removed the adjustment section this evening and noticed that all the internal threads were damaged. It looks like a production problem.

I don't imagine that I'll have too much trouble getting the dealer to replace it, just wondering if anyone else had seen this.

Paul

/ 3ph lift arm adjuster
No, the "threaded pipe" on the right lift arm of the 3 point hitch which you use to make the implement parallel to the ground from side to side. Whew! Did you understand that?

Muhammad, how about a generic tractor diagram with a parts list so us newbies can get our message across?

Anyways, I brought the defective part to the dealer yesterday who promptly removed one from a B7500 he had on the lot. Well, it was damaged also. They will be reporting this to Kubota on Monday.

Paul

/ 3ph lift arm adjuster #4  
mf115.GIF

I know it's not exactly like this, but for demo purposes... {section B}

18-48044-JFM3BW5205SigFile.JPG

/ 3ph lift arm adjuster
Thanks John Miller, III. You're right that it's not exactly like that, though. On the B7500, part#3 and part #6 each have about 4" of threads. The part I'm talking about is a tube with threads on the inside that #3 and #6 screw into. Turning it one way shortens the lift arm and turning it the opposite way lengthens it.

What tractor is you're diagram for? I'm guessing a JD.

Paul

/ 3ph lift arm adjuster #6  
First linkage is actually from a:
massettext.gif

However, this may be a little closer to yours {still not exact...}
bf0fo2mw.jpg

/ 3ph lift arm adjuster
That's it! The upper threaded section of the middle part - the "tube" - is what is damaged. Now, has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if this is a wide-spread problem or if it is limited to a small production run. The tractor's serial number is 53845.

Thanks again,

Paul

/ 3ph lift arm adjuster #9  
<font color=blue>...I noticed a problem when adjusting the 3ph for the plow (the right arm has to be adjusted to almost its lowest position). ...</font color=blue>

Paul,

I don't want to bang you over the head or anything... but here goes... /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

You may have created your own problem..., by extending the right side to match the left length..., you probably only left a few millimeters of thread area left holding it together, therefore...

When pulling the single bottom plow, lots and lots of pressure is exerted on those lift arms, and the threads are the weakest link {no pun intended} /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Briefly, it happened to my Satoh, the same way, loaning the tractor to a friend... guess what pulling a single bottom plow...he over extended the right assembly too much... anyhow the whole works was only about $30., no big deal.../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ 3ph lift arm adjuster
Don't worry, I have a fairly thick skull - or so the wife tells me. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

I noticed the problem while adjusting the 3ph for the plow, not after plowing but before. Also, the fact the one at the dealership had exactly the same flaw leads me to believe that it stems from manufacturing.

Paul