3ph lift and draft control

/ 3ph lift and draft control #1  

kjg26

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Kioti DK55
2013 dk55.

When i move my 3pd lift control all the way up my implement lifts, but not by much. Then when i move my draft control from all the way forward to the rear most position i get a lot more lift on the implement. Does this sound right? I was under the impression the draft control didn't affect lift

/ 3ph lift and draft control #2  
in my dk45se, when the 3pt lever is all the way up, I can still gain a few more inches of implement height by also raising the draft control lever all the way up as well. But the 3pt hitch lever makes up most of the height by itself.

How high does the 3pt lever allow, and how much more with the draft control also raised all the way up?

/ 3ph lift and draft control #3  
2013 dk55.

When i move my 3pd lift control all the way up my implement lifts, but not by much. Then when i move my draft control from all the way forward to the rear most position i get a lot more lift on the implement. Does this sound right? I was under the impression the draft control didn't affect lift

It does NOT sound right.

On my DK45s: With the draft full down/forward the lift lever is a position control that moves the 3-point through nearly the full lift range. I rarely use draft but, with the lift position set, raising the draft control lever (typically part way) will cause the 3-point to lift if it encounters high resistance while moving forward. But this is not a perfect relationship because raising the draft too much will raise the 3-point even without resistance. Unless you are plowing you will probably never need the draft control. But the lift control should position the 3-point wherever you want it and keep it there.

The service manual (hydraulic section) provides detailed description of this system. You probably need an adjustment. Did you buy new or used? Do you have a nearby dealer that will work with you? Are you mechanically inclined?

/ 3ph lift and draft control
Purchase used. Dealer relatively close. Yes mechanically inclined

/ 3ph lift and draft control #5  
Something fairly easy to check. Have a look at this page from the manual for setting the position lever range.

Setting Position Lever Range.jpg

Where did you find the online manual?

/ 3ph lift and draft control #7  
Where did you find the online manual?

Its actually the workshop manual for the Aussie version of the dkse series. the EX series. Very similar, with very few notable differences. I acquired the file online a few years back, but the link is broken now. Its a 310MB PDF

The shop manual and owners manual i have seem to be written by a 3 year dyslexic korean child.

/ 3ph lift and draft control #9  
The shop manual and owners manual i have seem to be written by a 3 year dyslexic korean child.

The later manuals are much better than the early ones. Still, I think Kioti US could really improve their image if they had a literate native English speaker work with the Korean tech documentation folks. Maybe they already sell all the Kiotis they can get but I think a little effort could really boost Kioti market share in the English-speaking world. For that matter, online manual access (even if subscription) would be a selling point. Kioti needs some edge to complete with the vast dealer networks of competitors.

/ 3ph lift and draft control #10  
The later manuals are much better than the early ones. Still, I think Kioti US could really improve their image if they had a literate native English speaker work with the Korean tech documentation folks. Maybe they already sell all the Kiotis they can get but I think a little effort could really boost Kioti market share in the English-speaking world. For that matter, online manual access (even if subscription) would be a selling point. Kioti needs some edge to complete with the vast dealer networks of competitors.

I agree. I've had some thoughts on this over the years I've sat on. Something certainly seems to be lost from Daedong in Korea to Kioti here in the US. Kioti's marketing strategy just seems a bit off and out of touch as a whole. Even the name "Kioti" does not fit well as a tractor brand. Heck, Coyote are vermin where I'm from. "run ahead of the pack" is a weak slogan. They even double down on the idea. Looking at the website, they call the dealer log in, the "dealer den". I don't think MIE gets enough credit as far as marketing for Kioti goes. MIE's online access to parts and information was a big deciding factor for me, and I'm way up here in Maine. Their website is a bit similar to Kioti's site, but with all the ridiculousness removed and is far more on point.

I've worked on a number of Kubotas, JDs, and MFs. I have to say my DKse tractors are every bit as good or better, as far as build quality goes. If kioti could couple what they already have in quality equipment, with Kubota level support and marketing, we would see a tractor industry game changer.

I apologize kjg26, I don't mean to push us off topic here. I just wanted to ramble for a bit.