340 utility

/ 340 utility #1  

keno

Hello and thanks for any response.....I just finished putting my 340 back on line.....seems to be okay......trouble with hydraulics....at certain times the system seems to over load and you can actually hear the transmission groan...no kidding......disconected the rear lift linkage and things seemed to mellow out.....but it still does it at times......when it does load up it gets relief when I work the loader....seems to me it should be just the opposite...when you work the loader there should be a strain on the motor ....and then when the loader is not in use, or the rear lift for that matter, the motor should idle smoother ......but just the opposite is happening..I know there are relief or bypass valves, and saftey valves......it's that rack of valves I'm look at that scares me.....I've never opened up the likes of such and don't want to find myself with a big pile of parts that I don't recognize and don't know where they go...I have that shop manual and it has diagrams etc.......but the whole thing just plain scares me.....any suggestions............thanks again ...ken