335 reverse safety switch

/ 335 reverse safety switch #1  

creekscout

Tractor
Kubota L2550
I just acquired a 335 and one odd thing I discovered is that when you hit the reverse pedal, the pto shuts off. Was told this is a safety feature. I have never known this before but I am certainly looking for a way to change this feature as I mow in reverse sometimes. Any advice appreciated.

/ 335 reverse safety switch #2  
I just acquired a 335 and one odd thing I discovered is that when you hit the reverse pedal, the pto shuts off. Was told this is a safety feature. I have never known this before but I am certainly looking for a way to change this feature as I mow in reverse sometimes. Any advice appreciated.

Is the 335 brand new or just new to you ?

The PTO shutting down during reverse is common and I think, required for newer mowers.

Keeps from grinding up kids, dogs and other small things that you might not see while backing up.

Check you owners manual, there maybe a bypass option for your mower.

Richard

/ 335 reverse safety switch
I bought it used and do not have any manuals.

/ 335 reverse safety switch #4  
Look for the switch that opens the circuit when the reverse pedal is pushed. Then decide how to just move that switch to the side so it is not able to contact the reverse pedal linkage.
May require removing the deck to see the linkage underneath. But there is a switch, and then it is up to you to not endanger anyone when backing up to mow. The first thing to get fixed when I get a new lawn tractor.

Probably key #17 and 36 on this schematic of the wiring on the 335.

Last edited:
   / 335 reverse safety switch
Thank you for that info. I will find it and take care of it

/ 335 reverse safety switch #6  
Does the 335 have the mower PTO switch style where you lift to engage the deck and then lift further to back up with the mower on?

/ 335 reverse safety switch #7  
Theres a good reason for this feature. A neighbor here ran over his kid backing up. Damaged his foot permanently.
my husqvarna unit has ability to override this feature by turning key 1 click towards off after unit starts. I dont have kids, and animals indoors when mowing, so i disable this.

/ 335 reverse safety switch #8  
On my X300 that switch was located near the reverse pedal. All I did was move the switch away from the pedal so it did not get engaged and that solved that issue. Easy peasy. I also disabled the seat kill switch and the brake kill switch.

/ 335 reverse safety switch #9  
Sorry to hear that there is a neighbor dumb enough to be mowing with kids in the yard. And sorry for the child who had such an ignorant father. Ends up we all pay for his stupidity.
End of rant.