3215HST improvements

/ 3215HST improvements #1  

MtnViewRanch

Elite Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,
Thought that after about 10 months of owning my 3215 I would share the what I consider improvements that have been done to it.

To start with, my dealer installed a canopy, a Mahindra factory rear remote, and exchanged the Mahindra OEM spring seat for a 7520 OEM suspension seat for a minor up charge. :rolleyes: In hindsight, I probably would not get the OEM remote again. Besides it being a little costly, it doesn't work how I feel that it should work. It is a 4 position valve which is good, but when it is in float mode, the 3pt will not pickup. :( Not that that has hindered anything yet, it just seems that it is not right, to me anyway.

All the other improvements I have done myself.

I built a "TnT" set, as in fabricated the cylinders as needed to match the factory links. Installed a standard double valve with float position on one of the valves from Surplus Center. Built the hoses myself from parts that I bought from Discount Hydraulic Hose. Installed needle flow control valves on each valve to be able to reduce hydraulic flow as needed.

Installed an ammo box behind the seat and reinstalled the SMV sign, you can barely tell that it is there.:) It is a bit tight though, and is easier to open with the seat slid forward.

After contemplating where to put a cup holder, I decided that It would be the easiest to just mount it at the base of the ROPs next to the fender. I used a piece of aluminum to mount a 3" ABS cap to the ROPs.

Mounted a fire extinguisher to the ROPs.

Installed some 5"x 3" lights on the canopy front and rear. Installed some rocker switches that light up when you turn them on. The wife made some decals to put at the switches to indicate what they are for. :cool:

Reinforced the loader bucket and installed chain hooks. I used 3/8" plate on the sides and 3/8" 2x2 angle on the top lip before the 4 hooks got welded on.

Changed the ends on the 3pt stabilizer-sway bars where they mount to the tractor to ball ends. Waaaay better.:D

Here are some pictures that go along with the improvements.

Hey, do any of you that have a 2815 or a 3215 have a factory 3 position light switch?

Just wondering, they show the switch in the owners manual, but mine is either on or off.

Attachments

• IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,505
  • IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 1,400
  • IMG_0145.JPG
    IMG_0145.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 1,240
  • IMG_0141.JPG
    IMG_0141.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 1,246
  • 3215 fire extinguisher.jpg
    3215 fire extinguisher.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 1,333
  • IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,145
  • IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 1,211
  • IMG_0140.JPG
    IMG_0140.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 1,331
  • IMG_0136.JPG
    IMG_0136.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,455
   / 3215HST improvements #2  
Nice work. I like the ammo box. Where is fuel tank on the 3215? I have a 2615 and fuel tank is where you mounted the ammo box. My current tool box is a soft sided bag thrown behind the seat.

/ 3215HST improvements #3  
On the 2815/3215 they moved the fuel tank to the front, between the engine and dash. Talk about a clean looking tractor, now I'm going to have to go out today and wash all the cat foot prints from the hood and seat along with the all the other dirt. And I thought I put the power washer and hoses away for the winter.

/ 3215HST improvements #4  
Sergei,

How about that seat upgrade. My 2816's seat is like sitting on Milk Crate. About how much more did it cost, and was it worth it? I also like the rear remotes, I want to do the same to mine when I get time.

I called my dealer about a set of rear remotes and he said mahindra makes a kit for one set of remotes, it runs about $800 installed. I think I can figure something else out for a good bit less. Whats your opinion.

Also, how you keep it so clean.

/ 3215HST improvements #5  
The upgrade to his seat look's nice and I bet it's really comfortable, I like the armrests, but I'm sure that it's not a cheap seat. I may give my dealer a call today just to see just how much one would cost me.

/ 3215HST improvements
I think I was charged an extra $400 for the seat and the dealer kept the original seat from the 3215. I think that the Mahindra 7520 seats are around 7-$800. My dealer just happened to have this one in stock and practically gave it to me. One more thing to seal the deal at the time of purchase.

I would probably not get the factory remote again. Just to much $$$ for what you get.:( If you only need one, then it is the way to go, just because it is so clean, but you can have 3-4 aftermarket remotes for the same money.

As far as keeping it clean, that is just what I do, but unfortunately it hasn't really been used much, so it has not been all that hard to keep it cleaned up.

/ 3215HST improvements #7  
I thought that seat was going to be expense but didn't figure on that much. This is what I have to keep my tractor dirty with foot prints..our shop cats (8) and they love to explore the tractor whenever it's out. But they do keep the mice out of our outside wood working shop and truck This is the main reason for the backup alarm that I will be installing.

Attachments

• New_img065.jpg
    New_img065.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 459
  • New_img066.jpg
    New_img066.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 365
  • New_img067.jpg
    New_img067.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 366
   / 3215HST improvements
I thought that seat was going to be expense but didn't figure on that much. This is what I have to keep my tractor dirty with foot prints..our shop cats (8) and they love to explore the tractor whenever it's out. But they do keep the mice out of our outside wood working shop and truck This is the main reason for the backup alarm that I will be installing.

Couple of questions, cat prints aren't bad, but do they end up putting many scratches in it from jumping up on it? Do you find that you make use of the tilt meter? After a little experience, I would think that you wouldn't even need it.

/ 3215HST improvements #9  
No cat scratches because they come up from the FEL or the tires on to the tractor and as far as the tilt meter I use it every time I mow my field due to the slope that I have, makes me feel better knowing just what angle I have the tractor at, one slope I have is right at 15+ degree and another is well pass that which I have to mow by going up and down route. Before getting the meter I just wasn't sure just how close I would be and I wasn't going to experiment and end up rolling a new tractor.

/ 3215HST improvements #10  
I built a "TnT" set, as in fabricated the cylinders as needed to match the factory links. Installed a standard double valve with float position on one of the valves from Surplus Center.

Just wondering if you could give the specs on your side link cylinder- stroke and overall length.