3040 cracked plastic fender

/ 3040 cracked plastic fender #1  

lman

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland 3040, New Holland 1530, Oliver 1850
I have a New Holland 3040 tractor that I purchased in Dec. 2010. It has 230 hours on it. The right fender has cracked and I need to have it repaired. I had heard that they came out with a steel support bracket to stiffen up the fenders and take the pressure off the plastic. Has anyone repaired the plastic and obtained the new supports. I can't find the part number. It doesn't sound like my dealer is going to be able to help me even though it has low hours and is apparently a poor design. 3040 fender.jpg

/ 3040 cracked plastic fender #2  
Look on the under side to see what type of plastic it is.
Find a match to the plastic and use a heat gun to weld it.
Check you tube.
Cheers.

/ 3040 cracked plastic fender #3  
I just got some epoxy putty yesterday, and noticed that they sell an epoxy designed for plastic.

/ 3040 cracked plastic fender #4  
I have a 2005 TC35A. The fender is cracked just from climbing on board, you can see it flex every time. The plastic fenders on these New Holland tractors are poorly designed, period. New Holland should provide a retro fitted support bracket. The dealer said," yeah we have seen a lot of these, we'll get the fix kit for you." It was the same old, same old parts already bolted up underneath the fender. Around and around we went until I gave up.
I need to get the tractor to a shop that can weld a bracket before the $1000.00 fender is trashed. Otherwise the tractor has been 100% for 950 hours. Only two sun cooked, rotting front tires, fluids and filters.

/ 3040 cracked plastic fender #5  
I have a New Holland 3040 tractor that I purchased in Dec. 2010. It has 230 hours on it. The right fender has cracked and I need to have it repaired. I had heard that they came out with a steel support bracket to stiffen up the fenders and take the pressure off the plastic. Has anyone repaired the plastic and obtained the new supports. I can't find the part number. It doesn't sound like my dealer is going to be able to help me even though it has low hours and is apparently a poor design.View attachment 396568

Stop drill the cracks, makes some splice plates for both sides out of sheet metal and use pop rivets to hold them in place. you may also want to fabricate a better support bracket and incorporate that. It may not look pretty but it beats a grand to restore just the looks of the machine.

/ 3040 cracked plastic fender
New Holland has updated supprt brackets. Dealer ordered and are on the way. This should add support and stop fenders from cracking again. I'm going to stop by a body shop and confer with them on repairing the plastic.

Tractor is back together. The brackets really stiffened the fenders. They were kind of pricey. I don't think I'll have any more problems with the fenders.
3040 fender bracket.jpg

/ 3040 cracked plastic fender #8  
The bracket does look like it will solve the cracking fender problem. Do yo have a part number? How pricey?

Part numbers are 84331639 and 84331640(right and left side). About $50.00 each.