Loader 3032 FEL D160 Is it me or does JD have bad Valving?

/ 3032 FEL D160 Is it me or does JD have bad Valving? #1  

Tony H

Platinum Member
Tractor
JCB MIDI CX
Just jumped behind the wheel of this 2014 JD today. Helped a friend with Snow removal. It was his Deere.
Is it me or is the valving on the FEL such that it will not Lift and curl the bucket at the same time.
I was working a tight area so I had the RPM's at about 1500, so yes, it was slow reacting but it appeared that the tractor would not do moth movements at the same time. Is this normal for this little tractor?

/ 3032 FEL D160 Is it me or does JD have bad Valving? #2  
One has priority. Depending on temp of oil, what you experienced could happen. It is just 30 hp

But just sounds like you are dissing the Deere.

My 4300 (specs near the same) will lift and curl at the same time.. unless heavy load and temps make it a bit slower IIRC.

/ 3032 FEL D160 Is it me or does JD have bad Valving?
No Diss intended. I've just been on small, AG Kubotas and several brands of Skid Steers and my JCB which is not really comparable.
None have shown to cut out one operation as I went to the combo. Wasn't sure if it was a JD trait or if maybe this machine has an issue

/ 3032 FEL D160 Is it me or does JD have bad Valving? #4  
No Diss intended. I've just been on small, AG Kubotas and several brands of Skid Steers and my JCB which is not really comparable.
None have shown to cut out one operation as I went to the combo. Wasn't sure if it was a JD trait or if maybe this machine has an issue

They will do 2 functions at once, but not as nice as bigger tractors. It takes a little finessing to find the sweet spot for two functions
Skid steers have a whole different level of hydraulic performance.

/ 3032 FEL D160 Is it me or does JD have bad Valving? #5  
I have a whopping 10 min on my new to me 3520, and have noticed the same thing as the op. My old kubota was much better.... Hope I just need to get used to the nuances of the deere. Why couldn't they make the controls like gehl or cat skid loader hand controls on these???

/ 3032 FEL D160 Is it me or does JD have bad Valving? #6  
The 3032E only has 5.3 gpm at rated speed (2400rpm) so with roughly 3 gpm at 1500 rpm there isn't much to work with.