3016; best place for mice

/ 3016; best place for mice #1  

Straightgrain3016

Silver Member
Tractor
RubberTirePSI65
Hello everyone, I'm back after a 5 or 6 year hiatus.

I've had good use out of my 2012 3016 HST.

Its winter here in the NW Ore-gone Coast Range and time to bring the tractor into my shop for services.

To my point; the mice liked to nest on top of the HST in front of the dip-stick, until I blocked access with 1/4" galv screen. The 2nd preferred spot for their nests is right on top of the fuel tank, so I keep the access cover removed as much as possible.

Pictured is the last large slash-treatment for the season.

Where do the little stinky buggers nest on your tractor?

Attachments

• 1129221526.jpg
    1129221526.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 114
   / 3016; best place for mice #2  
In front behind the battery. I now put dryer softener sheets behind the battery and seems to eliminate the problem.

/ 3016; best place for mice #3  
Ever since I placed a 5-gallon bucket trap within a few feet of where my tractors are stored the mice live in the bottom of the trap.

If someone could ever invent something to repel them with 100% effectiveness you would be a billionaire many times over in less than one day. Mice have to be responsible for damages that exceed billions and billions of dollars worldwide each year.

/ 3016; best place for mice #4  
In front behind the battery. I now put dryer softener sheets behind the battery and seems to eliminate the problem.
If it works for you don't stop using them, however I've had mice make nest out of them where we live!

/ 3016; best place for mice #6  
Ever since I placed a 5-gallon bucket trap within a few feet of where my tractors are stored the mice live in the bottom of the trap.

If someone could ever invent something to repel them with 100% effectiveness you would be a billionaire many times over in less than one day. Mice have to be responsible for damages that exceed billions and billions of dollars worldwide each year.
20221129_101504.jpg

I got my first 3 of the open season. 3 buckets on duty.

/ 3016; best place for mice #7  
We have three cats then this yellow Tom showed up. I thought he would make a good barn cat but neighbors adopted him. You see he's well fed and became a barn cat after all hanging around here more than neighbors place. He's a great hunter! "Sweet Potato" she named him.
I just call him yam for short.
Resized_20221127_153802.jpg
Resized_20221127_153835.jpg

/ 3016; best place for mice #8  
I’ve got eight outside shop cats that will kill anything that moves and they protect both my tractor and my truck. I will say that the females are the best at doing their job at killing and I even feed them both dry and wet cat food every night.

/ 3016; best place for mice #9  
We have three cats then this yellow Tom showed up. I thought he would make a good barn cat but neighbors adopted him. You see he's well fed and became a barn cat after all hanging around here more than neighbors place. He's a great hunter! "Sweet Potato" she named him.
I just call him yam for short.View attachment 772600View attachment 772601

Looks like your neighbor is feeding better than you, he knew where to go for a good meal. My cats are well fed, four cans of friskies and dry, so they hunt for the sport, snakes,birds or mice doesn’t matter.