3010 Throttle Linkage won't stay put

/ 3010 Throttle Linkage won't stay put #1  

BobFoos

Tractor
John Deere 3010 Gas
My hand throttle won't stay where I set it, but keeps decelerating. I read somewhere where there's some kind of friction ring that needs to be adjusted or replaced, but I can't find reference to that, or how to adjust/replace it.

/ 3010 Throttle Linkage won't stay put #2  
Parts key # 12(part # R26958)

Attachments

• R4704__________UN01JAN94.gif
    R4704__________UN01JAN94.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 9,123
   / 3010 Throttle Linkage won't stay put
thanks

Another question. Different subject. Have a 48 loader on my 3010, and having issues with the hydraulics. Sometimes the loader raises by itself, or if I lower the 3-point, the loader raises. Do I have hydraulic pump problems?

/ 3010 Throttle Linkage won't stay put #4  
Probably not a hyd pump problem but a control valve problem. How is the loader controlled??? SCV's(rear couplers) or ind.hyd valve???????

Rear Couplers

/ 3010 Throttle Linkage won't stay put #6  
one or all of the pressure/return valves in this housing under the hood are leaking. If it were my tractor I'd add an ind 2 spool valve for better/faster loader operation.

Attachments

• RXP7966________UN01JAN94.gif
    RXP7966________UN01JAN94.gif
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,792
Well I need to figure it out. Yesterday a neighbor asked me if I'd till his garden. On the way there the tractor "bogged" down several times, and lost the power steering. Then while tilling, the hydraulics "loaded up" several times, to a point where it killed the engine. I almost didn't make it back home.
How do the hydraulics on the 3010 work? Is there one main pump, then the control valves control the various hydraulic systems, such as the loader, bucket, 3-point, brakes, and steering?

/ 3010 Throttle Linkage won't stay put #8  
3010 has closed center hyd's with a trans pump to lube trans and supply oil to the frt main hyd pump that builds the hyd psi of 2250 #s if set to factory spec's.

So my first step would be to repair/replace the pressure/return valves in the housing?

Sorry, another quetion. What housing are you referring to above. I did a search in the JD parts catalog for RXP7966 and didn't return a result.
thanks,
Bob