3-Point Hitch 3 pt stuck

/ 3 pt stuck #1  

Chaostamer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215 w/ FEL & Kubota M6040 w FEL
This weekend I ran my new (to me) hydraulic run snow lower attached to my Kubota 6040. It runs off a system driven by a pto pump. A large tank is in the 3 pt. The pump has a chain that loops over the top link to keep the pump from spinning. I ran the 3 pt to the top to do something and failed to return to level position. This put the chain in a bind but I didn't realize it (maybe put stress on the pto shaft). I ran the system and after a few minutes checked the chains. When I got shut down there was a high pitched noise. Sounds like it is coming from underneath the cab on the right side. That is when I noticed I had the 3 pt in the highest position and it was now stuck. :confused: I had to keep running the blower. While doing so, I realized that when I adjusted the FEL (up or down or tilt) that relieved the noise. Not sure if they are connected. Anybody have an idea what is going on and what I need to do? Thanks in advance for any help!!

/ 3 pt stuck #2  
I would first check the drop speed adjustment. Usually a know under the seat. Unscrew it some and see if that helps.

Next question, where is the attachment getting oil from. I didnt understand that part of the first post.

IF it is using the tractors oil, it is possible your tractor is now low on oil after it filled the attachment

/ 3 pt stuck
LD1 - thanks for the response. The attachment is run by an auxiliary system. The tank is on the 3 pt hitch and the fluid is pumped by the pump attached to the pto. I will check the drop speed tomorrow. Another thought a local dealer had was to check the linkages on the up/down level.

/ 3 pt stuck #4  
This weekend I ran my new (to me) hydraulic run snow lower attached to my Kubota 6040. It runs off a system driven by a pto pump. A large tank is in the 3 pt. The pump has a chain that loops over the top link to keep the pump from spinning. I ran the 3 pt to the top to do something and failed to return to level position. This put the chain in a bind but I didn't realize it (maybe put stress on the pto shaft). I ran the system and after a few minutes checked the chains. When I got shut down there was a high pitched noise. Sounds like it is coming from underneath the cab on the right side. That is when I noticed I had the 3 pt in the highest position and it was now stuck. :confused: I had to keep running the blower. While doing so, I realized that when I adjusted the FEL (up or down or tilt) that relieved the noise. Not sure if they are connected. Anybody have an idea what is going on and what I need to do? Thanks in advance for any help!!
I had a similar problem on my b2920. Attached is a photo of the linkage that controls up down and stops on my 3pt hitch. I found that the little guide was rotating and binding the rod sliding through it effectively keeping the 3pt hitch and implement in the stuck up position. I had to rotate the guide with vise grips and lubricate the rod to resolve the issue. Hope this helps Sent from my iPhone 5s 64Gb using TractorByNet

Attachments

• image-2783130374.jpg
    image-2783130374.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 147
   / 3 pt stuck #5  
Sounds as if the chain has the tree point limited in up travel if its tight, and allowing the loader valve pressure relief to go into bypass creating the noise your hearing, that's why when using the loader it's using the pressure in the system allowing the oil to not bypass as much. you may have to cut the chain if it's in that much of a bind to releave the pressure on it, you don't want to run the tractor with the pressure on the pto that way , it will damage the pto shaft and bearings. Also the oil going through the relief valve will cause it to heat up very quickley and also could cause system damage if ran to long. Check the rate of drop valve as LD1 stated that could allow the arms to drop and release the pressure on the pto shaft, if it were me I'd put the chain aroun the draw bar so it would not be affected with the raising or lowering of the 3PT hitch.

/ 3 pt stuck
Thanks all for the help. The problem was in fact the chain. Dropped the bolt holding the chain up and all runs like a dream now. I even have more power to my snow blower (which is run off the PTO pump).